Chapter 55: Ice Bucket Challenge

Start from the beginning

Casey looked over her shoulder curiously to find Heikki standing just outside the garage door, wearing a dark green hoodie pulled up over his head. He had his arms folded as he leaned against the side of the door. He looked flawless as usual.

Casey grinned and pulled off her gloves before stepping over to him. He beamed at her as she walked over.

"What are you doing here?"

"Wanted to see you again before my flight." he replied, reaching forward to run his fingers along her jaw.

Casey could sense the team beginning to finish up behind her as everyone removed their gloves and began carrying boxes full of equipment out the back of the garage.

"Dom?"

"Yes, you can go." he replied with a knowing smirk. She shot him a grateful smile and turned back to Heikki.

"When's your flight?"

"I've got to be at the airport in three hours," he replied, pulling her against his chest. She cuddled into his soft, warm hoodie and closed her eyes. After a moment, she felt her chin being guided upwards before his lips pressed against hers softly.

"I'm going to miss you until the next Grand Prix." he mumbled, biting her lip gently, "I couldn't ask for a better way to wake up this morning."

She giggled, thinking back to the two hours they'd shared in his bed that morning with a mixture of emotions. It had been a little different to the night before, slower and softer and more intimate. Less fuelled by the drinks they'd both consumed. It had felt good, really good, to be close to someone again. But she'd also found it more difficult to keep her mind present, and not lingering back towards a certain German.

Evan's unmistakable shouting from further up the pit lane caused her to pull herself away from Heikki.

The rain was absolutely pouring down still, harder than she'd seen in months.

She peered through the bleary weather and spotted Evan jogging towards them, completely drenched from head to toe with his blonde hair plastered to his face. He was grinning madly as they locked eyes with each other.

"Are you guys done for the day?" Evan panted as he came to a stop just outside the garage.

"Have you finally lost it completely?" Casey laughed as she looked him up and down, he looked like he'd just been dunked in a bath.

"The comedians back there just surprise-ice-bucket-challenged me, I think my brain is frozen!" He replied giddily, shaking his hair away from his eyes, "The rain feels like a warm shower in comparison."

"What the hell is an ice bucket challenge?" Casey asked.

"Do you live under a fucking rock? It's the thing, you know! You get ice water poured over you for chairty or something. Here, feel how cold I am!"

Evan leaned his head down as though encouraging her to touch his hair. She stepped away from Heikki's arms to reach over.

As soon as her fingers landed on Evan's freezing hair, he quickly lunged at her and scooped her over his shoulder.

"EVAN!" she screamed, grabbing a hold of his belt as she tried to wriggle free.

"Unless you want to go face first into the pit lane asphalt I advise you to stop wiggling." he said smugly as he walked back towards the Red Bull garage. She could already feel her Ferrari tee soaking through from the rain pouring down on them now that she was out from under the cover of the garage.

"I'VE GOT HER!" he bellowed, "PREPARE THE BUCKET!"

"Evan, NO! Let me down or I will kill you in your sleep." she pleaded.