Chapter 16: Perfect Fit

Casey opened her eyes slowly. She let out a surprised yell as she focused on Evan's way-too-near face. That immediately woke him up too and he yelled back in alarm.

"What the fuck is wrong with you two?" Jacob's irritated voice carried from the pull-out across the room.

"Jesus!" Evan cried, eyeballing Casey in shock.

"Sorry! I wasn't expecting you to be right there," she exclaimed, sitting up and pushing her hair back from her face. A few moments of stunned silence passed before she burst into laughter.

"Oh yeah, you're really funny," Evan muttered, covering his hands over his eyes.

"Get up you lazy degenerate," she ordered, swinging herself out of bed, "It's qualifying day!"

She swaggered into the bathroom to turn on the shower, smirking as Jacob groaned behind her.

She decided she had a good feeling about today. Things were going to go well, she could sense it. She hurried through the shower and got dressed into her uniform.

"Want a lift?"

Finally. She grinned at the message on her phone before her mind began to run through various tactics on how she could get away undetected. Considering the two boys were still getting ready, she quickly grabbed an apple from the bench, stuffed it into her bag and walked to the front door.

"I'm going to head down a bit early, I'll see you guys there!" she called.

"What? Why-" Evan yelled back, but she'd already raced out the door and slammed it shut behind her.

As she walked out of the elevator into the lobby, she spotted the Infiniti out front in the turning circle. Nobody from the team seemed to be around yet. None-the-less, she quickly jogged out the main doors towards the car.

Seb was leaning against the driver's side door, looking at something on his phone. He looked up as he heard her approaching and a grin spread across his face, "You could have replied you know."

She reached him breathlessly and threw her arms around his neck, crushing her body against him as he leaned against the car. He eagerly scooped her into his arms and kissed the side of her head. The last time anyone touched him was when he'd hugged her goodbye back in England two weeks ago. It had been hard to stand within arms reach of her for the last three days and not be able to do anything about it. Heikki had been all over his case for the first two days in Spain, making it rather hard to get away.

"Well hello to you to," he chuckled.

Casey relished being held against his chest again finally. It was fast becoming her new favourite place. She reluctantly let him go and flashed him a playful smile, "Morning."

He pushed off the car and climbed into the driver's seat as she walked around to the passenger side and climbed in too. The car revved to life as she threw her backpack into the back seat and they were off.

The traffic was much better here than it had been in China as they cruised down the highway at speed. She leaned back in the comfy seat contentedly, hoping they wouldn't get there too fast.

"I feel like I haven't seen you properly in ages," he said, glancing across at her.

She turned her head to watch him drive. "You've seen me the last 3 days in a row," she chuckled.

"Yeah but that's at work. It's not... the same."

"Not the same as what?"

"Here! Now. When I have you all to myself," he replied, checking his mirrors. Casey felt her face flush and she looked forward. It was silent for a few moments before Seb spoke again, "Will you tell me why you were upset yesterday?"