Chapter 38: The Veyron

Casey gazed out the window as the trees flew past. She didn't bother to ask again where they were going. She'd find out soon enough now.

Seb was quietly tapping on his phone, completely immersed in whatever he was doing. Heikki and Britta had climbed into the second car back at the airport which Casey could no longer see travelling behind them.

Eventually, the driver pulled into what appeared to be the parking lot of a car dealership.

"Come on." Seb said, jumping out of the car and holding his hand out to her. She took it and stepped out, looking around and realising this was no ordinary car yard.

Audi's, Ferrari's, Lotus', Jaguar's and Lamborghini's of all models and colours lined the pristine walls of the white interior as they stepped through the doors of the large building.

Her face grew even more suspicious as she noticed the car they'd arrived in had backed out of the driveway and left.

A man was walking towards them quickly, swinging a key around his finger and beaming at Sebastian.

Casey watched as they greeted each other in fluent German, like old friends. She was quickly realising that learning German was now an essential on her to do list.

"Treffen meine Freundin, Casey." Seb said after a while, gesturing towards Casey.

"Englisch." Seb added in an off-handed manner, alerting the man to the fact that Casey did not speak German.

"Hallo!" He greeted politely anyway, nodding at her.

"Hello." Casey replied, smiling.

"He is a friend of my family, he owns this place." Sebastian explained to her.

The man held out his hand and dropped the key into Seb's with a glint in his eye.

"Danke." Seb said, throwing them up into the air and catching them again before turning to Casey and gesturing for her to follow him back outside.

Casey watched him curiously as she followed him out and around the building to a secluded garage. He pulled the door up and a car covered in a white sheet sat silently before them.

"Normally I would never use a car like this." Seb chuckled, "But I owe someone a ride down an autobahn and this will do the job."

Casey's face split into a grin as she looked from the covered car back to Seb. He'd remembered his offer from all that time ago that even she had forgotten until now.

He stepped forward and pulled sharply on the white sheet. Casey's mouth dropped open as a sleek black Bugatti Veyron came into view.

"No, you didn't!" Casey hissed as she burst out laughing, her eyes glued to the engineering masterpiece before her. Seb laughed with her as he delightedly watched her reaction.

"Holy shit." She breathed, trying to compose herself.

"I'm glad you're impressed because over the next 2 weeks it's probably going to cost me a whole year's worth of wages in petrol." He chuckled casually, pulling the last of the sheet away.

"She's so beautiful." Casey squeaked, bouncing on her toes.

"Ready then?" Seb asked, biting his lip excitedly.

Casey didn't need to be asked twice. She headed for the passenger side as Seb unlocked it and they both climbed in.

He pressed the button on the ignition and the car purred to life.

"Only one button to turn it on instead of a whole pit crew, this is child's play!" Seb declared.

Casey laughed and ran her fingers over the centre console controls, mesmerised by the perfection in every detail of the car.