Chapter 18: Celebrations

Casey, Evan and Jacob bundled through the door of their hotel room.

"Shotgun shower!" Evan yelled, jumping the sofa in his hurry to get to the bathroom. The remaining two both rolled their eyes.

"Okay. Jacob, what do I wear?" Casey asked as she headed over to a giant pile of clothing spilling over from her suitcase.

"Did you bring a dress this time?" he asked, throwing his own shirts across the room one by one.

She thought for a second, "Uhh, yeah, I think so..."

She eventually found it at the very bottom of her bag and pulled it out. It was a black, sleeveless crochet dress that pulled in subtly at the waist and fell to the middle of her thighs.

Jacob nodded optimistically as she held up up for him and wiggled it around, "That could be a winner. Put it on, we need to see."

Evan strutted out of the shower with his towel around his waist and Casey took the bathroom next. She quickly showered before drying her hair and curling it loosely. Lastly, she pulled on the dress and a pair of heels before walking out into the lounge to get the boy's opinions.

Evan turned around as she walked out and doubled over in laughter. She stared at him in alarm before looking down at herself in confusion. Was something hanging out where it shouldn't?

"I don't even know who you are!" he gasped.

Jacob pushed Evan away and stood in front of her, "You look beautiful everyday. But especially right now. That is what Evan meant to say."

She shot him a thankful smile, though was still a little taken aback at Evan's outburst, "Right so can we just do that again, but this time, let's simplify, and you guys just say either yes or no?"

Jacob nodded and Evan stood up straight, getting himself together.

"Okay, go," she continued, gesturing for them to respond.

"Yes," Jacob stated confidently, grinning widely.

"Yes," Evan said, biting his lip to withhold his laughter. He couldn't have been any less subtle.

"Is he drunk already or something?" Casey asked, nodding in Evan's general direction.

"No, totally sober," Jacob sighed, "Imagine what he's going to be like later tonight!"

"Too much excitement for one day. Like a four year old," she tutted as Evan sniggered to himself and turned to look through his suitcase.

"I just don't think I've seen you in a dress before Case," Evan finally called back, "I didn't know you had it in you."

"Not helpful," she muttered, sitting at the table in the lounge where she was applying a bit of makeup while waiting for the boys to finish fussing over themselves.

Evan walked up behind her and pushed her hair around to one side of her neck. He leaned down and kissed her cheek, "You look awesome."

She squinted at him in the mirror, "Feeling guilty are we?"

"I'm serious!" he cried, he lips breaking into a grin.

Jacob stepped out of the bathroom, looking stunning in a black button up shirt and dark blue jeans. Sometimes it gave Casey physical pain to witness just how beautiful Jacob was. Should Evan ever get his shit together, he'd be a lucky guy.

"So, I know you think we just forget when you disappear in the morning sometimes and magically turn up at work, and that we don't see all the little looks flying back and forth across the garage, but I'm afraid I'm officially bursting your denial bubble and insist you fill us in on the whole Seb situation, pretty much immediately." Evan announced in one long breath.