Chapter 4: Fugitives

Start from the beginning

(Ironhide): "Yes, they wanted to find the key that allows access to memory and datas of the Allspark, but the group of Chromia managed to take before them, fortunately."

Meanwhile, in another part of the forest, Chromia and her group continues to move toward the clearing or are the others. Wheelie keeps the key with him and is hung on the back of Bumblebee. Mirage, Arcee and Flareup advance in monitoring around them, to see if enemies are around. Chromia leads the group, and Mathias is hanging on her back. The group of robots moves quickly through the forest, but discreetly so as not to attract attention.

(Mathias): "So, is your leader Optimus, right?"

(Chromia): "Yes, it is also the last of the Primes, a line of legendary warriors in our homeworld. Optimus is the last still alive, and he continues to fight in memory of their ancestors. He also said that they had rescued a young girl named Emily."

(Mathias): "Really? I have a friend named Emily!"

Chromia turns towards Mathias and sees that he is surprised, but also relieved to know she's okay. In the clearing, Emily, Optimus and the rest of the group hear the sounds of motorcycles approaching, but Optimus remains calm. He recognizes that sound, and others too.

(Ratchet): "They're coming."

(Emily): "Who?"

(Optimus): "Our Friends."

The group of Chromia arrives in the clearing and stopped in front of others. Everyone is happy and relieved to see the others alive. Emily gets up from her rock to come forward and see the others. Chromia reaches out to Mathias and helps him to down of her back. When Mathias sees Emily, he smiled at her, and she did the same.

(Mathias): "Hi Emily. I am very glad to see you. Are you okay?"

(Emily): "I'm fine, thank you. I am also glad to see you. I've learned that your town has also been attacked by the Decepticons, it's true?"

(Mathias): "Yes, but thanks to Chromia, Arcee, Flareup, Bumblebee, Mirage and Wheelie, I managed to survive, and they took me with them, for my safety."

(Emily): "Same here. Mathias, I present to you: Sideswipe, Ratchet, Brains, Jazz, Ironhide, and the leader of the Autobots, who saved my life, Optimus Prime."

Mathias is faced with Optimus Prime, and is impressed by the size of the robot. Optimus comes up to him and kneels to better talk to him.

(Optimus): "Emily has told me about you. Welcome Mathias, and as you are his friend, you are also ours now."

(Mathias): "Thanks."

(Wheelie): "I have a question: now that we have the Allspark and his key, what do we do?"

(Chromia): "In any case, we can not out of the woods for now. Human armies searched the entire sector, we have seen many human soldiers on the roads, but they have not see us."

(Optimus): "We have what we wanted, but now we have to protect the earth against the Decepticons. We need to prevent them to use the Allspark to conquer this planet and the rest of the universe."

All robots then turn to Mathias and Emily, in a circle around the two humans. Emily and Mathias do not dare say anything and wondered what is going on.

(Optimus): "Emily. Mathias. We have saved your lifes, and now you have a choice: you want to help us to save your world, or want to return to your normal life, we will not force you to fight against the Decepticons. This choice is yours. "

Mathias and Emily look in his eyes, hesitant. All Autobots remain without saying anything and waiting for a response. Emily is the first to speak.

(Emily): "You helped us, and now it's up to us to do so I'll stay with you."

(Mathias): "If the earth is in danger, I will not stand idly by, so, I remain too."

The Autobots are delighted with this answer, and the two young humans too. Optimus smiled at Emily, and she did the same. Mathias turned to Chromia, who looks at him in smiling, and he doing the same. Now, Mathias and Emily are the only two humans on earth to be becoming friends with the Autobots.

*********

In a secret military base run by the government, a soldier brings pictures to the base commander, the commander Mikes. When he looks at the pictures, he sees snapshots of the robots noticed during battles. Several photos of Soulaires, in France, and several others of Oakville, Canada. On some of these photos, the commander sees Mathias, on the back of Chromia, and Emily, on the shoulder of Optimus. He takes his phone and calls the other military bases in the area.

(Mikes): "Gentlemen, it appears that two young people be allies with these dangerous creatures. We have their names and faces, but we do not know or they are currently. Find them, alive and bring them here. We must force them to tell us what they know about these things."

*********

In the clearing in the forest, the Autobots have installed their camp. The night is very cold, and Mathias and Emily are sitting near a fire to keep warm. They also have survival blankets on them. As machines, the Autobots do not fear the cold and almost never need to sleep. Ironhide continue to patrol around the camp to monitor. Arcee, Flareup, Ratchet and Bumblebee returned to their vehicle forms, and appear to regain strength. Chromia and Optimus have put a little aside to discuss, and sometimes watching Emily and Mathias.

(Optimus): "I saw you look a lot Mathias. You seem to love him a lot."

(Chromia): "Yes, I admit that he has something more for me, and I want to learn how to know him. And you, what do you think for Emily?"

(Optimus): "She also has something more for me."

(Chromia): "Do you believe that a love between a human and a machine can be possible? The Transformers can they feel true love?"

(Optimus): "The universe is vast, as are the opportunities for us. So yes, I think it's not impossible, but it is up to us, and to them, to do the good choice."

Chromia nods slowly. Near the fire, Emily noticed that Optimus and Chromia look at them sometimes. She turns to Mathias, who watches the flames without saying a word.

(Emily): "They talk about us. Mathias, you think we made the right choice?"

(Mathias): "I don't know, but I trust my instincts and my mind. Many would say that it was not the right decision, but I think so."

Emily smiles and takes a little confidence. She begins to feel as if she has a role to play in this story, and when she looks at Optimus, she feels that she and him, have a lot to learn from each other. Soon after, Chromia sits against a rock, and Mathias sits down beside her.

(Chromia): "You can sleep with me if you want."

She smiled, and Mathias accepts. He snuggled against her with his blanket, and she puts her arm around the young man, to warm him a bit more. Then she looks at him close his eyes and fall asleep. Optimus was also sitting against a rock, and sees Emily shivering.

(Optimus): "Come on my chest. My spark will warm you up."

(Emily): "Your spark?"

(Optimus): "This is what you, humans, call a heart. It's the source of life for all Transformers, and it has a pleasant heat."

Emily agrees and lies on the chest of Optimus near his spark. Indeed, she feels a warmth and the girl sleeps peacefully while Optimus looks at the stars in the sky, and also closes his eyes.

TO BE CONTINUED