"Let us focus on finding who did this to those children." Madara said, crossing his arms.
Madara recalled Hashirama's words. I just never thought you'd marry someone! Hashirama would always say, but now Madara couldn't believe he'd be going out of his way to buy her a ring. That Ayumi. Madara thought to himself.

-

"There it is." Madara pointed with his eyes towards the cottage they would be staying at for the mean time.

"You're right. Kumo is close from here." Ayumi observed with her byakugan. She looked back at Kaouru and Kenzo. "It'll be okay. I promise we'll protect your lives." They solemnly looked at the ground.

Madara looked at the small and cozy cottage he had built during the warring states era. It was small, and he was unsure if they'd appreciate it, or if it would even fit them. He shifted his feet, clearing his throat.

 "Listen, Ayumi. I know you come from an affluent family. You are probably used to living in vast settlements as a princess after all." He crossed his arms uncomfortably. "Will this be okay for the four of you?"

Ayumi's jaw dropped to the floor.

"Are you implying I'm a shallow woman!" She punched his arm.

"Oi!" Madara retorted, patting the spot she had hit.

"Madara! Seriously, anything will suffice." Ayumi frowned.

If it's with you, anything will be okay. She thought to herself, the frown on her face now forming into a small smile. Madara looked at her, and then looked away.

Koniko chuckled, forcing the couple to turn around and look at her. She bowed. "Thank you for allowing us to stay with you, Madara."

Ayumi quickly did the same. "Mm! Thank you, Madara-sama."

"Madara-sa-ma..." The Uchiha muttered under his breath. His eyebrow twitched, he was growing irritated. He didn't like the thought of being addressed so formally by people he would soon consider family. "Tsch. Do me a favour and drop the formalities. And follow me." He turned on his heels to walk.

"Heh heh heh." Ayumi devilishly giggled, nudging Koniko's elbow. "I knew that would annoy him."

Madara sighed. 

-

"So this is it

"So this is it." Kaouru mumbled. Madra slide the shoji door so that every one could make their way inside. It indeed was cozy, one tatami floor that would be enough to fit four to five futons, with a kitchen area and a washroom to the side. It was small, but it'd do the job.