Why is he here?

"This is the last person I'd like to ask help from." Sally explained, hesitantly knocking at the door with a shaky hand.
"Nick, THE Nick?" James sighed as he glanced up at the window which seemed to be making noise, a lot.
"Nick Lightbearer! A dreamer." Roger exhaled loudly.
"Excuse me?" James whimpered. Roger immediately backed up, obviously feeling sorry for his lover.
"Sorry, Moo. I only like his singing, I swear."

"Oh, bloody hell! Not the critics again!" The guitarist swung open the door. "Leave me alo-
Oh." Nick almost turned red with embarrassment. Luckily his happy mask was there to save him. "Hello." He lightly greeted the three.
"Hi, Sally Boyle. Maybe you've heard of me."
"Uh.. yeah..."
"Good, I need some help. And since you're a well respected person, I'd like your help in getting my friend back."
"W-wait, I'm not just going to go with someone that wants my help."
"Roger... do it." Sally hissed as a smug grin crept onto her face.
"Gladly." The redhead replied, raising the ray gun until it was directly in Nick's face.
"SURE, I'LL HELP YOU."

After some conflict between the group, they finally made it back to Ollie's bunker.
"Sally, you're back! And you brought James, along with his boyfriend, and... wait, why is he here?"
"His guitar, it's a great weapon!" Sally cheered, "show him, Nicky!"
Nick grinned before letting out a tune, his notes flew through the air like lanterns. "They'll leave you mind blown, Starkey." He finger gunned his way out of the uncomfortable silence that came after his guitar finished playing.
"What the fuck? He's a magician of music.." an obviously mind blown Ollie whispered.
"I think our little team will triumph swimmingly if we all work together." Roger stepped in, his optimistic tone making everyone smile with him.
"I agree." James smiled, tightly squeezing onto his puppy's hand.
"Well, If we're all ready we should start heading out." Sally suggested. Everyone gave her a confident thumbs up.
"Hold on!" Nick called out from at the back of the group. "I have a little someone that could possibly help us."
"Alrighty, where they at? We'll get them on the way." Ollie rolled his eyes.
"They're right here. Virgil!"
"What did I say about calling me when I'm in the middle of a power nap?" A rat came crawling out from the wall, scurrying towards the guitarist. Everyone stared at the Nick. They didn't know whether to call him crazy or themselves.
"Everyone, my ex-agent." Nick placed his hand on the ground, allowing Virgil to crawl upon his shoulder.
"A fuckin' rat?!" Ollie whimpered in confusion.