2

It was Jane's birthday and I had of course gotten to the party sight early to set up and make sure that everything was one hundred percent perfect

Once Jane and the guests had arrived the party started and everyone seemed to be having a good time except from the birthday girl. I had been swimming in the enchanted lake with a few other people although I decided to get out once I noticed Chad unintentionally pestering Jane.

"Oh. Looks like Carlos forgot about your birthday, huh?" He shrugged after looking around and seeing the lack of Jane's boyfriend.  "Well, maybe not, maybe he just took the wrong trail or something. Or you know what? They probably don't celebrate birthdays on the Isle, maybe it's like a cultural thing." I gave Jane a gentle smile as she tried to reassure herself that Carlos hadn't forgotten her birthday.

"Oh, yeah. Or maybe he just forgot. You never know." He smiled goofily making me shake my head, "Hey, Chad, look! There's people taking selfies." I tell him pointing in that direction his eyes widened like it was the most important thing on earth as he pushed the water sprayer thing into my arms and scrambling off like a speedy mouse being chased by a ravenous cat; "Selfies! Guys, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait for me! Wait for me!"

Jane sent me a grateful smile and I shrugged, "Come on Jane have some fun, I'm sure that Carlos didn't forget your birthday, he's probably on his way right now." I assure her and she nods but she doesn't look convinced.

"Why is she here?" I hear from behind me; I turn with eyebrows furrowed once I spot Audrey; she'd dyed her hair a hot pink with hints of blue, she'd also gone heavy on the eye makeup and was wearing a grungier version of her pink play suit. "Did anybody save me any guacamole?" She asked turning her head around eagerly whilst everyone shared confused glances. "No? It's like someone forgot to invite me." She was acting weird, well weirder than usual.

"Well, don't be expecting Mal, she's...not feeling herself." She smirked throwing one of the perfectly piped cupcakes behind her, hey I baked and decorated those. "Does that make you sad?" She sneered, "Does it just ruin everything?" Audrey had the Queens crown and Maleficent's staff, she was clearly suffering from some kind of breakdown and desperately needed help.

"Mindless little drones. How could you forget what she did to us? How could you forget that
I was supposed to be your Queen?" She snapped, I was worried for whatever she was about to do, she wouldn't actually hurt us though would she?

"Time out, okay, okay. Time out. First off, great new look. I absolutely love feathers. But, hey, before you do whatever you're gonna do, I was wondering if maybe you wanted a... loyal boyfriend by your side? Partner in crime? Sidekick? Or maybe just a lackey to do your bidding, um, change tires. Or smoothie runs?Please?" Chad begged making me sigh; even when she was mental he was still obsessed with her. Her eyes narrowed at him before she came to a conclusion; "You can be useful." Chad brightened, "Yeah?"

"Fine. Stand behind me." She instructed, "Okay."He nodded eagerly obeying. "Auradon likes to forget so much. They'll love this." Her smirk was malicious and sent chills down my spine.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to Jane
Happy birthday
To you

As Audrey sung she waved the staff hiring people with a pink mist making them fall asleep, I watched in horror as my classmates dropped to the ground motionless. I inched backwards and grabbed onto Jane's arm pulling her back to hide behind a pillar.

As Audrey's pink mist began to obstruct us from her view, I pointed to the lake behind us, Jane nodded and we both hopped in. My breaths suffered as my body got used to the cold temperature of the lake. We waited until the pink fog had come closer before we both dunked our heads under the south surface of the water. I stayed under until I needed more air and then I shot up with a gasp heaving in big breaths to relive my aching lungs.

Jane quickly got out and grabbed her phone, I followed close behind curious to see who she'd ring. She placed the phone on speaker and we just stood there for a moment the dial tone piercing my ear drums until the call was finally answered.

"Hey, Jane. I'm on my way to the party. My meetings ran long."been explained from the other line, "No, no." We quickly urged. "Stay where you are, Ben. Audrey's got the scepter and everyone's asleep." I warned him afraid for what Audrey would do to him, "I'm gonna call Mom and tell her to get her wand." Jane told him before swiftly hanging up.

I grabbed a cupcake as I tried to drown Jane's conversation with her mother out. My stomach churned in discomfort at the speed I devoured the cupcake in, I ignored it and grabbed another as I tried to wrap my head around everything that was happening.

Jane finally hung up on her mother and made her way over to me, "what should we do?" Jane asked her eyes wide with fear, "I think we should wait here for a while until we're absolutely sure Audrey won't spell Auradon again and then we shall make our way back and help whoever's awake." I shrugged eating another cupcake. She nodded and the two of us went to sit beside the enchanted lake just in case we needed to get back in.

Jane gave me a look as she noticed the food that I had brought over with us. "What? It'd be a shame to let all of this go to waste." I shrugged biting into a cookie.

The two of us sat in an uncomfortable silence just waiting for a while, until there was another blast by Audrey as soon as I saw the flash of pink I was back in the lake faster than the speed of light.

"Ok well she wouldn't spell Auradon for a third time would she?" I asked Jane as we got out from the lake, she shrugged. "Well I think we should go anyways, we're not doing much help by sitting here all day." Jane didn't say anything so I gave her a look, "what's wrong?"

She sighed before telling me; "it's Carlos, I couldn't reach him before and now there's no signal so I definitely won't be able to reach him, what if Audrey got him?" She rambled. "Lets go and look for him then, but I'm sure he's fine." I told her and she nodded, worry all over her face. I grabbed the water sprayer thing that Chad was messing with before and handed it to Jane. "Could be useful." I shrugged, before looking for my clothes, I needed to put them back on over my bikini.

"Hey Jane where did my clothes go?" I asked as I went to the spot I had left them, Jane's eyes widened and she looked down before giving me a tentative smile; "about that I'm so sorry but I kicked them into the lake when we jumped in before." I blinked at her for a moment before I looked down at my bikini and then back to her.

"Are you joking, Jane I can't walk around Auradon like this." I told her gesturing to myself. "I'm really sorry." She told me and I shrugged, "it's alright, it was an accident." I told her as I grabbed a nearby towel and wrapped it around my shoulders.