Cop Cars and Gelato | Corey Seager

"Stay there and don't move

"Stay there and don't move. Don't even talk." The tall Sargent, who looks like he could pummel me with his large fist, points at me. He gives me a deathly look and then slams the door of his car. Through the bars in the window, I see him take off after my Uber driver.

"Damn it." I shake my head, chuckling to myself. Only I would get a driver with six warrants and drug paraphernalia in his car. All I wanted was to get back home. The fourteen days I'd been on the road had been brutal. More so because my team lost ten times.

"What'd you do?"

I jump at the sound of the voice beside me. Shit. I didn't even realize anyone was sitting next to me. The adrenaline is making my heartbeat so fast. My cuffs feel too tight behind my back and the blue-eyed girl is giving me an expectant look, waiting for an answer.

"This is my ride, you know. I deserve to know why you're taking up my precious time with my officer." There's a tiny dent in her cheek, a dimple forming with the smirk she's giving me. "I don't think you're the bad boy type. You're too clean cut." She decides then and there.

And I'm offended. Highly offended. "What is that supposed to mean?" Her hands are in front of her, placed on her lap. "Why are you here?"

"Murder," she says without hesitation.

She's bluffing. Maybe. I can't really tell.

"You k-killed someone?"

She closes her ocean blue eyes and leans back, laughing hysterically. "I'm just kidding. He's my dad. Thinks these babies," she says, showing me her handcuffs, "will get me to stop getting into trouble, but I'm on a mission."

I'm not sure if I let out a sigh of relief, but I'm glad to know she hasn't killed anyone, yet. What if she kills me? "Is that so?"

"Yep. How old do you think I am?" She asks.

It's such a random question, but I go along with it just because it seems like my Uber driver was once a track star in his early years and has run off to another continent. "Uhm, sixteen?"

She shakes her head.

"Sixteen and a half?"

She looks really young, but I don't miss how pretty she is. There's a delicacy to her features and if she wasn't in cuffs, I'd assume she was kind-hearted and innocent. I'm also hoping she's above age because I can't help the fact that I'm checking her out.

She rolls her blue eyes at me and smacks her lips together with a loud pop. "You suck at this. I'm twenty-two. Tell me, what twenty-year-old doesn't like partying every once in a while? Smoke a little kush, sleep with a few random guys. My dad thinks he can control my life. Control me. I'm at an age where I want to experiment with life. Make mistakes. Kinda fuck up a little before I slap myself back to reality, ya know."