Mystery

Note: it's spooky season ladies;)

You stirred in your sleep, pulling yourself up and snapping your eyes open.

'What the hell was that?'

Sweat engulfed your form, rubbing onto the baggy sleep wear you wore. Heaving out a sigh, you slid your shirt and pants off, tossing them to the laundry basket in the very corner of your room. You would worry about those later. Right now, you needed to clear your mind from the nightmare you just had. It was currently three in the morning. For the past six months you've been having the most terrifying dreams. These dreams constantly plagued you. You were always being grabbed, chased or dragged around. Whoever attacked you, you could never see their face. All you remembered were burning crimson orbs. After every occurrence, you would cleanse your house, just in case of any bad spirits. Whatever it was, you always felt so paranoid.

You always felt watched.

Shaking your head, you plugged your night light into the wall before turning and hopping back into the messy white sheets and scrolling through your phone. Thank god you had no work tomorrow. Your daily job consisted of you driving 15 minutes to a farm.

Where you lived, it was a very quite and comfortable countryside. After graduating high school, you decided taking care of a farm was what you wanted to do. You just loved animals. That, and the countryside of course.

As a result, you worked for a sweet young lady who went by the name of Mrs. Muto. You took care of her house and her pets. Although she was old, she was very active, rarely ever home. Whatever business she had to take care of, you didn't really worry about it.

You were simply around to take care of her house and that was it. Although she was never around, It wasn't like you hated it. Your job was very simple: through the five day week, you had to visit everyday and care for the animals. Mrs. Muto allowed for you to stay over at her house for the duration of your workdays to make things easier.
You even had the weekends off to do whatever you wanted!

Some would call your life boring, but you enjoyed it. You made good money and with your friends who constantly visited you, they made everything even better.

You continued thinking, remembering what Mrs. Muto said on Friday. She mentioned something about introducing you to her grandson who would be working with you. Tapping your finger against your lip in contemplation, a slight shiver raked your figure. Who was he? The thought of meeting him made your hands twitch with concern. Why did you feel this way? Shaking your head in dismay, you laid back down. On Monday, you would just have to see for yourself.