Just Before (BJ's POV)

"Hey, Beetlejuice, wake up." I suddenly hear Lydia telling me.

I yawn, sitting up, "Morning babes." I say.

"Hey, I have the day off of school until the talent show, wanna help me get ready?" She asks, smiling.

"Sure!" I say, standing up with her, excited to spend time with her.

"So, wanna go help me find a dress?" She asks me.

"Lydia! You don't have your outfit on the day of?!" I exclaim, cause oh my god, I love you Lydia, but the first rule of theater is to be prepared beforehand and not buying stuff the day of.

She blushes. "I have the money to buy it.. and plus I didn't think I would make it to today.. until you came back.." she says.

I blushed too, still wondering why someone as perfect as Lydia would ever want to throw that away for death.. "Y'know I'm still waiting to find out why you'd ever wanna do that.."

"You will this afternoon. Now, come on, we can just say a quick goodbye to my folks, and then you can make yourself tiny again." She says, shoving me out the door. "Be out a sec, I'm gonna change."

She came out a minute later, and grabbed my hand. We both blushed. "W-we can walk for a little while while you're normal sized." She says to me, I nodded and she said bye to her family quickly, and went out the door with me at her side.

"You know Beetlejuice, I think you're really going to like what my performance is.. I-it's for you." She says.

"Really?" I ask. I wonder what its gonna be then..

"Yeah.. you can read my suicide note during the performance, if you want." She says.

"Okay.." I smile at her, squeezing her hand gently. "I miss being human.. but, it's nice enough being with you.."

I shrunk, seeing people in the distance, sitting on her shoulder. "Thanks, bj." She says, "I didn't see them."

We got to the shop, and she pulled some dresses off some racks, too fast for me to really look at them, and went into the dressing room. I stared at the wall as she changed into the first dress. I was excited to see her. I love everything about Lydia, her hair, her voice, her personality, her figure. If she would ever start to like me, though I don't think she ever would, I wouldn't hesitate to tell her how I feel too.

Cause I just love her so, so much.

"Okay, you can look now." She says to ne, I turn.

"W-wow, Lydia, you look absolutely beautiful. It's perfect." I say. She looks more beautiful than anyone I've ever seen later, and it really wasn't the dress, I could tell it's the way she looks and feels in it.

She's so amazingly beautiful.

"You think so?" She asks, smiling.

"Definitely." I say.

She smiles. "Okay. Look at the wall again so I can change, then we can pay and leave."

I nod, she changes, we pay and leave the store.

We walk to her school, I'm staring at her the whole way there, smiling like a dork.

She sat outside the entrance with me sitting on her knee, no one's around so she asks me to come back to normal size and I do, her almost immediately hugging me. "I care about you a lot, Beetlejuice... can you promise me something else?"

"Sure." I say. Honestly, I'd agree to basically anything she'd ask me to do.

"No matter what happens today, promise me we'll always be best friends." She asks. I smiled.

I said, "Always, Lydia. Always."