Weapon

Whaat? 650 reads, Wow, there have been more readers in the past month than there have been in the past year, and it's only going to increase and with it, likely a higher demand for updates, but I'm honestly surprised at how few comments I've been getting. 

(Cue old dial-up modem sound effect) uhh, my train of thought is firmly entrenched in the Star Wars/Transformers crossover thing I'm writing, so I probably will come back to write this when I've gotten off a few chapters of that, not that it will make a difference to you guys.

"We're ho-ome," Nitro called obnoxiously as he and Darkwire stepped through the groundbridge, he looked around to see almost no one there, "Uh where is Lord Megatron?" he asked no one in particular. A white jet vehicon with green markings rounded the corner, "Our Lord has decided that speaking with Bounceback is more important than meeting a new recruit, something about a powerful gun or whatever."

Nitro lowered his brow in a barely articulated scowl, "Who are you, and what's with the get-up?" the vehicon clasped his servos behind his back and walked forward with chest puffed out, "I am Sergeant Bracken, or rather Sergeant Major Bracken, as I have been promoted. That means I technically outrank you, but you will be glad to know that I have no intention to abuse my rank as Starscream does, I would like to work as equals, partly for my own safety and partly because I have no use for such power." he relaxed his pompous posture and took on a much more conversational yet stern tone.

"At this time I am simply relaying orders from Lord Megatron, So Nitro Zeus you are to widen your patrol route and record any and all leads that might tell us the location of the Autobot base. Darkwire, you are to follow me to Shockwave's lab so that he may give you your role aboard the Nemesis. Understood? Dismissed." 

[Meanwhile]   The silver mech stood in the dimly lit command room watching footage of the Autobots scrambling away from a volatile energy blast "You called for me Lord Megatron?" the small black and orange mech stood timidly in the doorway, "Indeed Bounceback, I would like to inquire about your weapon and its capabilities, they seem impressive, but appear to have been used poorly." 

Bounceback vented but did not retort, knowing it would only get him in more trouble, he transformed his servo and made sure the safety was on, an unusual feature for an inbuilt weapon but it put his mind at ease, "This weapon has two modes: stasis-rifle and spark-stopper. 

"The former can freeze a bot for up to 20 minutes, more than enough time to detain them or snuff their spark, and the latter creates a blast that can offline any cybertronian upon contact with their spark chamber, but if you miss their spark chamber it can still cause severe t-cog glitches and extreme pain as you have witnessed." 

Megatron turned around with a wicked grin on his face no doubt already creating various plans for the Autobots demise. "The catch, however, is that recharging the stasis rifle takes a bit of time, usually about a minute, and the spark-stopper runs on red energon," the warlords grin slackened before turning into a scowl, "Eh but the good news is that it is rather efficient, I still have 3 shots remaining and even a small red energon chunk will provide another 20"

Megatron huffed, "How did you come to obtain this weapon anyway? do you know who created it, can it be replicated?" Bounceback transformed his servo to normal and stood as tall as he could, "I believe it was created by the scientist called Jhiaxus, but near the end of the war, he went rogue with a small splinter faction of Decepticons never to be heard from again. 

"My combat unit raided his lab shortly after and found 4 of these weapons, we didn't pay attention to much more than the design notes for the weapons so we could operate them, but Shockwave may be able to find something with the cortical psychic patch, perhaps he could reverse engineer it with an alternative fuel source or something."

Megatron raised his brows, "Are you volunteering to be Shockwave's test subject? Quite the bold move." Bounceback jerked his helm up, "W-wait can I-" he stammered "Too late ... perhaps it would be wise to pay attention when you are thinking out loud." Megatron hissed as he stalked out into the hall.

Sorry that it's so short, my ideas for this series have been a bit stagnant lately