14: Cases

Aliesa P.O.V
Damian speeds up and presses a button on the side of his bike as we near a waterfall.

“Please tell me you're not going to drive into the waterfall.” I yell over the roaring winds.

“Fine, I won't.” he speeds up and I scream as the waterfall opens and he drives into a cave. It's full of all the zombie soldiers from the lab.

There's three men holding them off. One of them is the kind butler I met a few days ago.

As soon as the bike stops he jumps off. “Go to the stairs and hide in one of the cases. They are impenetrable, I'll get you when it's over.” I nod and race up the stairs. I go into the empty case and close the door right before a talon zombie his swipes his hand at me.

I flinch with every scratch he makes. I close my eyes and try to block it out. I don't want to loose control. I only pray that's he's not smart enough to realize it opens from the outside.

The cave starts to get colder and the once active talon is frozen in place. I guess the fight's over now. Soon after all the Talons are frozen Damian opens the case.

I sighed in relief and did something that surprised us both.

I laugh and hug Damian tight. I can tell he's taken by surprise and isn't sure how to react.
___________________________
3rd P.O.V

Suddenly Aliesa stills and he hears her sharp intake of aye next to his ear.

Blood seeps through the bottom of her shirt, before she's pulled off of the platform. Damian is paralyzed with shock as he hears the sickening crack of her flesh hitting concrete.

Talon pulls himself onto the platform, taking her place. “Everything I've done, was for us.” he removes his mask showing the bruises lingering on his face.

“Aliesa,” Damian whispers into the air. He doesn't dare to look down in fat of what he'll see.

In his head he sees her brown hair sprawled on the ground blood on her forehead. Her leg is twisted in an odd angle but other than that she seems fine. “She was a liability to us, Damian.” he steps closer to the young robin.

“She's my friend,” he glares at Talon, “My real friend.” with that being said Damian kicks Talon off of the platform, jumping down with him. He lands hard on his chest.

Talon and Damian continue the fight as Aliesa lays on the floor.

She's struggling to catch her breath. She turns her head to the left in time to see Talon force the knife in Damian's hand through his neck.

I see the corner of my eyes getting darker as he drops the knife and runs towards me. He falls to his knees and gently lifts my head.

“Damn it, you're losing too much blood.” I stare at him blankly.

“Robin, we have to get her to the hospital.” I guess Bruce still doesn't know about me knowing his secret identity.

“Batman, I don't think she'll make it if we move her.” I start taking in deeper breaths trying to stay conscious.

“Am I going to die?” I whisper, not having enough strength to say it louder.

“No, Ali. I'll get you help and then you'll get better and you can hit me with as many shoes as you want.” I smile and he leans his head down, placing my hand on his cheek.

“Damian, if I don't make it. Swear to me you won't blame yourself. It's not your fault. They would've gotten to me regardless.” he turns his head.

“You know.” he smiles softly. “I swear, only because I know that you're strong enough to get through this. You're the best thing to happen to me, Aliesa.” he picks me up slowly and a once dull throbbing of pain erupts in the back of my head.

“Alana. My real name is Alana.” I tell him as my breathing slows. I feel my eyes get heavier.

Until all I hear is Damian calling out my name and everything goes black.