2: Nightmare

Alana's P.O.V
I ignore the Wayne family's greetings as Alfred leads me to my temporary room. I slam the door in Damian's face and look around. The walls are a pale purple and the wooden floor is spotless. There's a king sized bed with dark purple sheets and white pillows. The balcony door gives me a perfect view of the waterfall and the garden below.

I unpack my bags and walk towards the closet. I open one of the doors and see that the closet is almost the same size as an average room. There's a lock on the door and a couch in the middle and against the wall. The cabinets are full of clothes and shoes. There's even a window.

I change into a pair of shorts and a tank top. I turn off the light and get into bed. I pull the cover up and close my eyes.

I look around me and see that the setting from my previous dream is much different. It's darker and there's no water. Its not even warm here its cold like I'm not here but I am at the same time.

I hear a branch snap on the left side of me and rotate my body to face that way. I see a shadow forming into a shape of a person.

"Alana." I hear a voice whisper. It seems so familiar but I can't match the voice with a face.

"Alana, come here." I look all around me as the voice echoes from every direction now. My breathing is heavier than it was before.

"Alana, éla Edo!" The voice screeches as I'm pushed by an invisible force.

I fall onto the ground and look around me as the scenery changes to what seems to be a lake. The water is still even though the wind is blowing heavily.

"Alana, xéreis poios eímai?" The voice calls as something emerges from the water slowly.

She's speaking in ancient Greek.

I shake my head no. "Den xéro poios eísai. ti thes apó eména."

"Yet, you speak as if you know what I am. Do you know what I am?"

"You're a monster. I can feel a connection with you."

"It's not because of that. That's not the connection you feel from me. You know who I am. My sister told you stories about the monster locked away into a lake where no one dares to enter. The lock is breaking everyday. For years, I've been waiting for this moment."

She snarled,her teeth became sharp as she swayed closer to me. "What is my name? Alana." She reached out of the water and grabbed me by my arm dragging me under with her.

I struggled against her hands as she forced my head to turn to look into her eyes. It was as if their were snakes in her eyes. Golden snakes or els in them and they were moving as symbols started appearing on her face.

In shock the last of the air in my lungs left my mouth as she smiled at me. I tried against her hold once more feeling the water fill my lungs. I stretched my hands forward and grabbed her face pushing my thumbs into her eyes.

She screams before letting me go and I swim to the surface only to see that I'm not a lake anymore.

I'm in an ocean the salt water burning my eyes. I look down in the water in fear that she'll drag me under again.

I scream as something tears the flesh on my arm.

I push against her scratching and screaming.

I sit up in the bed gasping for air. I look down at my arm and see it's covered in blood from where I was cut. Shit, that's not good.

I slide off of the bed and open my room door. It's late meaning the boys should be in patrol right now. I walk down the hall towards Damian's room. I know he has a medkit in there somewhere.

I open the door without knocking and see him layed out on his bed shirtless listening to music. Damn it. He looks up and sees my bloody arm. "What happened Alana?" I smile at him. It's been so long since anyone's called me that name.

"Bad dream." I tell him, "Can you help me clean this up?" He jumps up from his bed and leads me to his bathroom. I sit down on the toilet lid and hold out my arm. He grabs the kit from cabinet under his sink. I ignore the sting as he wipes rubbing alcohol over the cut. It wood heal soon enough.

"So are you going to tell me what really happened to your arm? I doubt a bad dream can cause this." I stare at the wall.

"I'm not sure what it was." My year is throbbing and I'm hesitant to ask him my next question. "Damian..."

"Yes?" He asks putting the kit back under the sink.

"Can I sleep with you?" I blurt out and he hits his head on the cabinet door.

"Huh...uh yeah sure." His cheeks are tinted red as he avoids eye contact.

I nod and stand up wiping my sweaty palms on my shorts. I walk over to his bed and lay on the right side, closest to the door. I watch as he takes of his shirt and turns off the light before joining me.

"Damian?" I whispered turning to face him.

"Yes?" He opens his eyes and I notice there's golden flecks near the iris.

"Can I tell you something? Without you telling your father." I just needed to get this off my chest. "Or Grayson." I add.

"Yes, I won't tell anyone." He sits up and I follow his lead.

"You know how I was supposedly gone for two years with my grandparents?" He nods. "That's a lie. I was actually kidnapped and held captive for 4 years."

———————————————
Shits about to go down

Tragic backstory coming up as expected

Average || Damian Wayneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें