Chapter Three

He had no shame, I had always known about that part. My father was a man who did whatever he wanted, not minding the consequences or feelings of those around him. And today, when I had entered his car to be slapped in the face with perfume that was choking and someone he later introduced as his girlfriend; I knew my mum was better off divorced. His having a girlfriend when he was still partly attached to my mother spoke volumes. He didn't care about her and he certainly didn't care about me; the only reason I was here was seated beside him trying to sneak her hand into his pants.

      "So pumpkin, how have you been?" He asked with a grin.

     "If you really wanted to know, you would have called after the last doctor's appointment you attended." I replied calmly, feeling anything but.

       "Now, now don't be like that gorgeous. You know I have been very busy."

            "Busy shoving your cock down twenty year olds."

       I couldn't believe I just said that but I was satisfied when his grin dropped and a scowl replaced the smirk on the girl's face.

      "Margo, that was not a nice thing to say. Apologize now."

       I almost laughed at the way he tried to sound fatherly, keyword almost. I was still trying to piece together how my mother had fallen for this douche bag. He was both insensitive and stupid, I was really glad had had skipped all that and taken the good parts. If there were even any.

       "I am sorry I even agreed to come out to dinner with you." I said slowly.

       His girlfriend must have abused me but I wasn't paying attention to them anymore. I picked up my purse, slung it over my shoulder and gripped the handle of my tank. Flipping both of them the bird, I made my way out if the restaurant. I didn't know how I was going to get home and I didn't want to call my mum. She would only go into a state of panic and my mum did not do well when she was panicky. So, as I exited the restaurant, I began my trek up I street I hoped led to somewhere familiar. The air was cold and I was thankful my mum had made me wear gloves. I was a slow walker, not surprising since my lungs could hardly function. So, a tiny part of me had expected the douche to come after me; but no, ten minutes after my outburst and I was still walking up a street I had no idea where it led to. Groaning in frustration and fatigue, I stopped in front of a shop and perched on the concrete in front. Bowing my head a little, I took deep breaths while trying to stop tears from pouring down my face. I had always tried to not be emotional, I hated feeling weak. But right now I couldn't help myself, the dick was supposed to be my father.

             "Hey, are you okay?" Someone asked beside me.

       I looked up at the person and gasped when I was met with eyes so brown, they were like pools of caramel. I stared at the stranger until the sound if a throat being cleared drew my attention to the person standing beside the stranger. It was the weird girl from the pool party.

       "I remember you, rude party girl. Margo, right?" She asked and I nodded my head slightly.

       Looking away from her back to the stranger, I noticed the amused look on his face. Blushing, I turned away from them and stood up quickly almost loosing my balance.

     "Whoa, hey, easy. Are you okay?" He asked again.

         "No, I am not okay. Please just  met me go." I snapped and be pulled his hands away.

       I whispered a quick sorry before turning away to continue my journey. It was late and I didn't want o worry my mum by not getting home early.

     "Um, hey, rude girl, what are you doing?" The girl asked.

       I groaned, seeing as I had only taken six steps and my lungs were already protesting. It was really too cold for me to he outside and right now I was regretting storming out of the restaurant. At least I would have had a ride back home. I felt myself crack and the water works I had been holding in all came rushing out. I began to sob like a dying cat on a cold street, in front of strangers.

        "Hey, hey, it's okay." I felt hands wrap around me but I was too embarrassed to see who owned them.

       And I couldn't seem to stop these flood of tears that pushed passed my eyelid. Soon, I felt myself being lifted and carried to God knows where. At least if they were murderers, I would have an early death. I was tired of all the pain and frustration. If I was killed tonight, I would pay my killers when I saw them again. But before I did that, I wanted to have some rest. Curling into whoever was carrying me, I cried myself to sleep.

      Waking up to the smell of chicken curry was not how I imagined eh afterlife to be. Until I realized that I was not death but in my bedroom. I blinked twice to focus my eyes then looked to my left to find my mother smiling down at me. Tears were in her eyes as she reached out and brushed some of my hair away from my face.

          "How are you feeling, baby?" She asked.

       I don't know why, bit her question just made me want to bawl out my eyes all over again. Swallowing the tears, I just nodded quietly and looked away. I heard her sigh.

       "I am so sorry baby, I shouldn't have agreed -"

       I cut her off there, I was sick of her blaming herself for his lack of parenting skills. She shouldn't have to bear the brunt of his foolishness. This was all him and not her.

       "Mum, I love but if you apologize again for anything he does I will never speak to you." I said and she keep quiet.

       There was silence before she broke it by asking me to seat up. I did so and accepted the tray she pushed onto my lap moments later.

        "Who brought me home?" I asked after half of the soup was gone.

        "Gunter and Hailey Polks, they live two streets away. That was so nice of them."

                         "Yeah."

       Nothing else was said as I gulped down the rest of my soup. When I was done, she took away the tray and gripped my hands. We stared at each other, silently communicating what words were too frail to say.

                  "I love you, baby."

                         "I know."

       Smiling, she kissed my hands and left the room.

Talk about being irresponsible, what sort of person would do what Margo's father did. Urgh!
Thank you for reading this chapter, please vote and do comment.