Nugget's House

A couple weeks of being in the hospital later, Ted was finally allowed to check out in the morning, although he did, unfortunately, have to use a wheelchair to move around. It was quite annoying when he had to go up or down stairs, but at least Mr. Bell (he felt a bit embarrassed he called him 'Mr. Nugget' the first time they met) was kind enough to help him into the car and put his wheelchair away.

Ted sat quietly in the car, remembering he wasn't allowed to talk to Felix or his family once they were in the car unless it was about business, so he thought the same rules applied to Nugget's family. He simply spend the car ride looking out the window, ducking his head when they passed the Kindergarten and he saw Felix exit the limo.

"So, me and my wife were thinking of transferring you over to a different kindergarten. Are you okay with that?" Mr. Bell said, startling Ted since he was used to the silence. Ted nodded his head in reply, before realizing Mr. Bell wasn't looking at him and only at the road.

"Oh, um, yes I am. I would appreciate that actually." Ted answered, fiddling with his fingers nervously. Yes, it would be best if he transferred so Felix wouldn't realize he was still alive. His seen what happens when Felix's plans failed, and he does not want to endanger Nugget and his kind family.

In just a few minutes, they arrived at their destination. Mr. Bell took his wheelchair out of the trunk before putting Ted on it, being careful with the small boy's legs. Ted looked around the area curiously, his first thought being that it looked homey.
They lived in a two-story white house, a red brick roof on top and a nicely-sized front yard with freshly cut, green grass. It reminded Ted of those houses you would see in a suburban neighborhood. Mr. Bell helped him up the little stairs that were on the porch, mumbling something that sounded like he ordered a ramp but it hasn't arrived yet.

Ted's new room was upstairs, although thankfully there was a thing that his wheelchair could be connected to to take him up the stairs. The room was medium sized, with plain white walls and a wooden twin bed with plain white bed covering. "Sorry about the coloring, we wanted to give you the choice to choose what color you wanted your room to be." Mr. Bell apologized, giving Ted a sheepish grin.

Ted smiled up at him, feeling flattered by their kindness. Even though they lived in a mansion, he and Felix has always shared a room with each other. Felix was the one to make all the choices on what the colors should be or who's toys were who's. Apparently most of Ted's toys were actually Felix's and thus, Ted's only toy was an old teddy bear from when he and Felix were just learning how to walk. He missed it. He hoped Felix didn't throw it away.

"Thank you Mr. Bell, I hope I'm not causing you too much trouble." Ted said politely, feeling a bit bad that Nugget's family was doing so much for him and he wasn't repaying them. Maybe once his legs were healed he could work for them? For free though.

"It's okay Ted, no need to worry about anything. You're gonna be part of the family soon." Mr. Bell reassured, Ted suddenly remembering Nugget mention during one of his visits that his parents were working out papers to make Ted Nugget's new brother.

Ted felt his cheeks warm up and he quickly looked down, a small but happy smile on his face. "Okay Mr. Bell, but can I take a nap?" He asked curiously, wanting to be left alone for awhile to think. Mr. Bell nods his head and leaves the room, closing the door to give Ted his privacy.

Ted took a deep breathe and pulled himself onto his new bed, closing his eyes for a moment before opening the again. In all honestly, he found Nugget and his parents' kindness to be quite.... different than what he grew up on.

While he may not be the oldest Heir, he still had a lot of pressure on his shoulders. So much that he felt he would collapse any moment. Since their parents were so busy, Ted and Felix depended on each other for comfort and love. It wasn't until Ted was saved by Nugget from being buried alive that he realized something. It took him awhile to stop denying it, but it was true.

Felix and their parents didn't love him. Their parents only saw Ted as a Spare in case something bad was to happen to Felix. Said boy found Ted to be a nuisance and an obstacle, something that should've never existed. Something that had to be 'taken care of.'

It hurt, but it was the cold, hard truth. Something that Ted realized ever since he saw how happy Nugget and his family were when they were together.

Ted felt tears start going down his cheeks, the young boy immediately burying his face in the pillow to muffle his sobs. He didn't know how long he cried, but it was long enough for him to fall asleep.

He didn't notice the door opening, nor the feel of someone pulling the blankets over him to keep him warm. He didn't even feel the calloused fingers petting his blonde hair gently in a comforting manner.

"Do not worry New Little Brother. Nugget shall protect you from Evil Rich Boy." Nugget said in an uncharacteristically soft voice, not wanting to wake Ted.