"Well since you've just... went in and said all of that, which makes me admire you so much more, why don't you both come every Christmas and help me decorate the tree? Or even the whole house?"

My eyes widen and I jump up, going to give William a warm hug. He laughs whole heartedly and pat my back.

"I'll take that as a yes from you Amara. Lucien?"

I smile widely at Lucien, eager to hear his answer. He looks to me and imitates my smile. "I wouldn't miss it."

I squeal and jump into Lucien's arms, almost losing my balance which would've ended us both on the floor.

"God Amara, if this is you excited then I'm scared to see in a frenzy," Lucien exasperates, his words muffled as my hair was in his face.

I mutter a quick sorry and fix my position on the couch. I beam at William and clasp my hands together.

"So Lucien," William clears his throat, "did you tell her that you may be leaving?"

Lucien shifts his gaze between William and I, sitting up. "Well we've talked about it and well... I haven't really decided on what to do."

"Well I don't want to decide for you, but I think you should go," I say flatly, earning a glare.

"Amara let's not dis-" Lucien goes to speak but William cuts him off.

"I also think you should Lucien. Sometimes you just have to stand on your own two feet for a while and try to find a balance between your relationship and other priorities."

I nod in agreement. He continues. "Even if you're destined to be with your partner or soulmate, lifes twists and turns can make or break the bonds of the relationship. This isn't guaranteed to happen. Nonetheless, if you and Amara want to stay together and work things out, you'll find a way to shape your destiny accordingly. You decide on that and then you'll know how to move forward."

I turn my attention to my boyfriend, who was slowly but gently passing his fingers along my arm. "Is it possible if I can get in contact with your dad?" I ask nervously, biting my lip.

He scoffs. "Why would you want to talk to him?"

"So I can get him to convince you to go," I reply, twisting my mouth to the side.

"He is going to see your mother is he?" I furrow an eyebrow.

He nods and it seemed so forced. "Took me by surprise when he told me that he already booked the flights. He just couldn't sway me to leave with him."

I rest a hand on his thigh that was covered by the blanket. "You aren't going for your father Lucien. You're going for ta mère (your mother in French), which should give you enough convincing," I plea, meeting his eyes.

I know how distressing it is for a child to see their mother hospitalised. Their illness is confusing, scary even and their well-being can bring up a lot of anxiety and essentially make us anxious over time.

I just wanted Lucien to be there for his mother and remind her that she still has her son, no matter how bad they must've hurt each other. I just want her to have someone to fight for, if not for herself but for her only son. I want him to have someone else to change for.

'Well William, I just wanted to say, thank you. Thank you for allowing us into your home and your life and for just giving us so much wisdom. Wisdom that we now use to shape ourselves," Lucien exclaims and I look to him with so much admiration in my eyes. He really was changed and I think love is the primary reason for it all. He sees things differently, handles things differently.

When I think of how being in love with him makes me feel, a smile illuminates my features.

Of all the emotions that are known to humankind, love has to be the most bizarre and difficult to understand of them all. Love makes us do things we never thought we would or we could. But no matter how complicated it is to understand love or to experience it; it is one of the most important emotions that humans crave to feel.

"No no, you let me into your lives. I let you into my heart."

***

If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo