SINCE she wasn't prepared to go do the stupid dance thing that apparently her mom signed her up for, she didn't have a date. So, she chose the only person who she slightly trusted, and that was Damon Salvatore.

"I seriously can't believe we have to do this," she groaned, as her and Damon walked down the halls of Mystic Falls.

"Don't sound too excited, Echo," he said, grinning at the girl.

"Oh, I'm so excited. This will be the best moment of my life." She snorted.

The two made their way to the room all the participants were practicing to dance for the founder's court.

Elena was with Stefan, of course, and all of the other girls had their dates with them.

They then began, and Echo was somewhat enjoying it, but didn't show it.

"Stay focus, stay right hand around. Flirt with your eyes."

Echo and Damon put their hands up, and she made a funny face which made Damon snort in amusement.

"Left hand around," Carol Lockwood said, eyeing Echo as she danced with Damon.

"This is ridiculous," Echo muttered.

"Oh, come on. You love it," Damon stated, smirked.

She shrugged.

"No! No! There's no touching during this part. It's about simple intimacy of the near touch," Carol snapped at Elena and Stefan.

When there was a few minutes break, Elena and Echo were walking down the hall, and they ran into Bonnie, the girl who the old Echo once considered a friend.

"Hey," Elena said.

"Hey, Bonnie, How are you?" Stefan asked, walking up to Elena. When Bonnie didn't answer him, Echo folded her arms.

"I begged Bonnie to have filled in for Matt, he had to work today," Caroline said as she walked up behind Bonnie.

Elena looked at Bonnie. "Bonnie, do you have a minute?"

She nodded, once again not saying anything. And the three of them walked away from Stefan and Caroline.

"We only have a 30 minute rehearsal," Bonnie said, not wanting to talk to the girls.

"It'll only take a minute, please?" Elena begged. "Bonnie, you have to tell us what's wrong."

"It's not worth talking about," she said, shrugging.

"Bonnie! You've been ignoring the both of us since you got home, and since you left town. What the hell is going on with you?" Echo snapped. She didn't care about the fact Bonnie wasn't talking about her, it's the fact that she was being a bitch to Elena.

"Echo's right. What do you mean it's not worth it? You barely said ten words to us and didn't even say hi to Stefan. Is that what it is? Is it Stefan?" Elena asked, crossing her arms. She loves Bonnie like a second sister and would do anything for her.

"Look, guys, I can't just pretend that everything's okay. Everything my Gram's did was to protect us from those vampires out of the tomb. And now they're out which means she died for nothing."

Elena frowned. "I'm sorry, Bonnie. What can I do to make it better?"

"That's just it, there's nothing you can do. I blame him, Elena, him and Damon, and I'm not gonna put you in a situation where you have to choose sides. I'm just having a hard time with it, okay?"

"We're all having a hard time with it, Bonnie. Okay?" Elena snapped, tears in her eyes. "We're still having a hard time, we know what you're going through. I hate that you're shutting us out."