magnolia •seven

MERYEM UZERLI as CALISTA HOOK

...

NYSSA

(Five years and ten months on the Isle of the Lost)

I no long had to hide in the darkest of my house. I gave birth to a beautiful boy. I had thought that maybe I would be able to pass it off as just my son and tell no one of the father, but there was a problem. My son looks exactly like Hades. When he opens his eyes, Hades' eyes stare back at me.

I knew that if anyone took one look at him, they would be able to see Hades. If Maleficent found out, she would take Mal away and it would be my fault. That's why I came up with a plan.

Nyssa sat in her home and breastfed her first-born son. Inizio sat in the playpen and crawled around. She named her son Hadie and to her, he was perfect. Even when he cries, she loves him unconditionally.

A knock at her door broke her out of her thoughts. She placed Hadie in his little bed and opened the door. Grimhilde stood there with Evie in her arms. She let out a breath of relief and walked in.

"I'm so glad you're back. I really need a vacation myself." Grimhilde blurts out. She drops Evie in the play pen and heads for the door. "I'll be back later. I have a massage appointment." She slams the door shut. Nyssa stood there in shook before looking at little Evie who immediately played with the toys. Nyssa did what she always did and took care of the children.

An hour later, another knock at the door came. Nyssa opens it to find a heavily pregnant Calista with Harriet and Harry in her arms. Nyssa jumped in and took Harriet from her arms and rushes Calista inside.

"You shouldn't have walked all the way here, especially with the kids and while you're pregnant." Nyssa lectures. Calista shakes her head softly as her friend took Harry from her arms as well.

"I know, but I really wanted to see you." Calista says weakly. Nyssa noticed how pale she was and with bags under her eyes. Nyssa had Harriet and Harry placed in the pen and went to pour Calista some tea she had made earlier that morning. Calista sat on the old couch with her legs up as instructed by Nyssa.

"Is everything alright at home?" Nyssa asks as she hands the tea to Calista. Calista takes it with shaky hands.

"It's all the same." She mentions, taking a long sip of the tea. "The reason I came here is to ask you for a favor." Calista placing the cup down on the table..

"Anything." Nyssa says. Calista's shaky breath was loud and she was ready to burst into tears.

"I d-don't think I'll be able to-to make it." Calista whispers. A few tears falling. Nyssa stands up and sits next to her.

"What do you mean?"

"I won't survive this birth, I know it. I'm too weak and I know that I will die!" Calista cries. She sobs her a few minutes then reaches out to take Nyssa's hands and grips them. "Please, please, promise me that if I die, you will watch out for my children."

"Calista, don't talk that way! Of course you're going to survive. You'll see your kids grow up." Nyssa assures her friend but Calista shakes her head.

"Please, promise me. I would feel much better knowing that you'll be there if I'm not." Calista says. Nyssa took a breath in. Her friend was panicking, how can she not agree?

"I promise." Nyssa say. Calista pulls her in a hug and squeezes her tightly.

"You're the only one I can trust, Nyssa. You're the only person I know who can do a good mother to my kids."

"Don't say that. You will watch your babies grow up and watch them live their lives." Nyssa assures her friend. When they pulled apart, Nyssa touched Calista's pregnant stomach.

"How is the baby? Healthy, I hope." Nyssa asks, trying to lighten the mood. Calista finally smiles and looks down.

"It is. I think it might be another boy with the way it is acting already, but a girl will be just as great." Calista says. Nyssa smiles.

"I hope to have a daughter. With sons, it will be difficult to understand them, but I'll know what my daughter will be going through." Nyssa says to her friend. Calista agrees.

"I know. When Harriet gets older, I hope she'll be able to talk to me about anything."

"How will she not? You are the most reliable person on this island that I know of." Nyssa exclaims. Calista throws her head back and laughs. A sharp knock is heard at Nyssa's front door and she stands to go open it.

Nyssa opens the door to see Maleficent. She panics immediately since Hadie is out in the open. Mal was in her arms and Maleficent only holds her out to take. Nyssa grabs Mal and immediately Maleficent leaves. Nyssa took a breath and shakes her head, shuts the door. Mal squirmed around in her arms and Nyssa finally let her go in the pen with the others.

"How is Hadie?" She hears Calista ask. Nyssa carefully grabbed Hadie from his bed and walks over to Calista.

"He cries just like any other baby, but overall he is fine." Nyssa mentions as she hands a sleeping Hadie over.

"Look how adorable he is sleeping. I hope to have a girl so that way, she and Hadie may possibly end up together." Calista teases. Nyssa giggles childishly.

"We better start planning the wedding now." Nyssa jokes. That's when both women let out a laugh. They laughed quickly after to not wake up the baby.

.