magnolia •six

...

NYSSA

(Five years and three months on the Isle of the Lost)

Inizio turns two today and I wasn't able to take him anywhere. I was three and a half months pregnant. Mother refused to take him, saying she was busy at the salon. Calista was busy with her own problems at home and I didn't want to bother her. I had one person left to ask. It was Kovu, adopted son of Scar and his mate Zira.

He was kicked out of his own pride and of the pride of the one he loves. I saved him from almost dying on the streets and since then he watches over me. When I had asked him, he didn't think twice before giving his answer.

I kissed Inizio's head and let Kovu take him for the day. I sat in the dark, feeling only pain in my heart.

For a few hours, Kovu let the two year old do his thing. Took him to see his aunts and cousins per request from Nyssa. He took him to the beach of the Isle and let his play with sand. The baby was amused by the sand and water.

"No, you don't put that in your mouth." Kovu says, removing the dirty trash from the baby's tiny hands. Inizio looks towards to trash and at Kovu before his face scrunched up and he lets out a wail. He cries in protest of his thing he found being taken away.

Kovu panicked and picked up Inizio and rocks him back and forth, trying to calm him down.

"How do mothers do this?" Kovu asks himself. Inizio pulls on his caretaker's ears for amusement. Kovu moves his head away. "That's not very nice."

Suddenly Inizio made an oops face. Kovu then smelt a nasty smell and scrunched his nose.

"I am not changing that diaper." Kovu says to the baby holding him at arms length. Inizio giggles and squirms around in his hands. Kovu huffed and gave into Inizio. He was glad he was not a parent, but now he knew that Nyssa would need all the help she could get.

After changing a disgusting diaper, Kovu grabbed Inizio and went to the market place to get him a present.

HADES

Hades, now living in a dark lair away from everyone. It's been a month since he had left Maleficent for good, since he had left Mal. He just couldn't take it anymore with his ex-wife. The woman was always jealous. Hounded him whenever he came home late or when he spent more time with their daughter.

Hades finally just snapped. He hated the woman now. He hated himself to. He couldn't stay with Maleficent anymore, even if it was for Mal, he just couldn't.

He walked through the market place to find something to eat. He occasionally pockets a few semi-good fruit and canned foods. At the booth next to them, he saw a familiar baby with an unknown man. He held Inizio and pointed at different little toys. He held a wooden toy in Inizio's face a shook it around.

Hades jumped in action and walks forward to the.

"Hey, you." Hades calls. Kovu turns his head and frowns at the site of the god.

"Can I help you?" Kovu asked Hades.

"That isn't your kid." Hades points out.

"I know. I know his mama." Kovu says. Hades stepped closer.

"You and his mom a thing or something?" Hades asks. He was a bit jealous, but why?

"Just a friend. Taking the kid out for him birthday. His mama's sick." Kovu said. Hades' cold look turns into a worry one.

"What's wrong with her?" Hades asks. Kovu looks at him up and down and scoffs at his question.

"Nothing that concerns you, buddy. Stay out of it." Kovu growls. Hades growls back in response till sound of a baby giggling stops them. Inizio had a smile planted in his face and reaches out for Hades. Kovu grabs a toy rattle and hands it to Inizio for him to play with. He drops money on the count for the toy and walks away.

Hades glares at him till he couldn't see him anymore.

.