Chapter Twenty-One

After a day filled with ice-cream and Netflix, I trudged back into our accommodation as quietly as possible, letting the door clicked closed behind me. It didn't take long for Bentley to find me, yelling out 'mummy!' as he sprinted forward, wrapping his arms around me.

The others, obviously hearing him, filed out from their rooms, smiling once they saw me. Shawn approached me warily, a look of relief spread across his face. "Thank God you're okay, please don't do that again-"

"You're sleeping on the couch tonight." I said quickly, before detatching from the kids' grip and walking into the master bedroom, locking the door behind me. Leaving Shawn confused in the living room, I had a shower before going straight to bed. The less I had to see him, the better.

-----

The six of us left early for the airport the next morning, having woken up at five to finish packing the last of our things. I still hadn't spoken to Shawn, but he seemed to of understood that I didn't want to.

As always, there were crowds of people at the airport to see us off, and the moment we got out of the car, I forced a smile onto my face and liked my arm through Shawn's. Shawn looked at me, confused, but went along with it, carrying Noah in his free arm.

The elder two walked beside us, skipping along happily. The group of us smiled and waved at the many people watching us. We climbed the stairs up to the plane, and boarded. "Where do you four want to sit?" I asked the kids, gesturing to the many comfortable seats.

Bentley and Eloise ran to a sofa type seat, while the twins waddled after them, wanting to be like their older siblings. I smiled at the sight and clipped the seatbelts on before making my way to another spot - away from Shawn.

I busied myself with a magazine as the kids giggled when the plane took off. Thankfully the change in air pressure doesn't bother them too much, so we didn't have to deal with a bunch of screaming children.

"We're flying!" Eloise squealed, grinning giddily. "Daddy look!"

Shawn obeyed and turned to face her. "We are indeed! We're flying with the birdies. Do you like flying, Elle?"

"Mhm!" she hummed, kicking her legs back and forth. "Why aren't you sitting with mummy?" She questioned, frowning at us.

Shawn hesitated before settling with saying, "Mummy's busy, sweetheart."

Eloise shrugged it off, and began to talk with Bentley instead, allowing Shawn to go back to whatever it is he was doing.

-----

"Come on kiddos," Shawn smiled. "We're back in London!" The plane had landed about five minutes ago, and we could hear the cheers. The kids looked out the windows, watching a large group of people standing behind barriers.

"Aw," Elle pouted. "I wanna go back to 'Straylia!"

"I'm sure we can go back and visit one day, Elle." I smiled, taking her hand. "But you have school and Daddy and I have work to do, love." Eloise sighed dramatically, but didn't complain any further.

"Can we go see Uncle Harry?" Bentley asked as we all walked toward the plane's exit. He was holding Gianna's hand, filling the role of 'protective older brother'.

Shawn nodded, carrying Noah. "That's where we're going, bud. They'll meet us back home." Bentley smiled, happy with the answer.

We descended the small set of stairs, unaffected by the screaming crowd and flashing cameras. Many people were welcoming us back, and wanting to talk to us, but we just waved and continued to the waiting car.

The twins fell asleep immediately when we put them in the car, exhausted from the long flight. "We'll be home soon," I said as I softly massaged Elle's head.

-----

A/N
Unedited

Okay.

I'm sorry.

1. I haven't updated for like, a decade

2. That was possibly the worst chapter so far.

And 3. That was really short.

Thoughts on how Eulilia treated the situation with Shawn? I think she could have done better.

Bye