Prologue

Irene's POV

"You'll be arrange alphabetical order by next week. That would be all, class dismissed." the teacher went out and the classroom was already noisy. I sighed and grabbed my things to put it inside my bag. There were flying papers, others were running. This room is a mess already when it's only the third day since the class started. What will happen in the next 10 months?

"You piece of sh*t!" I was startled by a large voice. I looked back and saw it was my bully classmate. Really, they're like kindergartens.

"I know right? Immature." someone muttered. I turned in front and the girl was sitting backwards on the chair, facing me. Her hands were on her chin as she stared in boredom behind me. I cleared my throat.

"Joy," she said as she extended her hands. I accepted it. I was about to say my name when she cut me off.

"Irene, right? I knew you." she said. I awkwardly smiled and shaked my hand with hers. After that she clasped her hands together.

"So, are you going to the canteen? I can accompany you." she said and put her hands on her waist. I nodded and we went out. It's really awkward. She's kind of scary but approachable. As we were walking, she was talking about a lot of things. She also told me about the history of the school since I didn't know about it.

"Yeah, it's kind of complicated." She ended. Why is the canteen so far? When we were at the ground floor there were a lot of students. A bunch of guys, to be exact. One guy walked towards us. He put his arm around Joy's shoulder.

"Hey cous." he greeted Joy but he was looking at me. I looked around and 2 guys were also walking towards our position.

"What is it? Faster, we need to go to the canteen." Joy irritatedly said. She looked at her cousin and looked at me again. She rolled her eyes and removed the arms that's on her shoulder. The 2 guys were just looking at us.

"Try me, Jim." she threaten. Her cousin laughed, his eyes disappeared. He raised his hands, surrendering. His friends also laughed.

"Chill." her cousin said. He extended his hands to me.

"Jimin but you can call me Jim." I nodded and we shook hands.

"Jungkook." the guy raised his hands.

"Jin." the other guy said. I nodded at them.

"Irene." I said. They all welcomed me.

"Cous, we have to go." Joy said. Jim nodded and waved goodbye. His friends nodded at me and they walked away. We got to the canteen and ordered foods and talked.

"Where did you come from, again?" Joy asked as she took a bite from her burger.

"Canada." I said and placed my water bottle beside. She nodded and said her opinions about Canada. We were talking when a girl suddenly sat beside me. She was catching her breath. She was like chased by dogs. She looked back and hid.

I looked at Joy and she was calmly eating. The girl turned back to us. She looked at Joy and looked at me.

"Who's this?" she asked and looked back again. Joy was chewing slowly. The girl looked at us again. Joy drank her water before answering.

"Irene, she's new here." Joy said. The girl looked at me from the bottom to top.

"Really? I didn't know." she said and looked back again.

"What are you doing? I'm the one who's dizzy from what you're doing." Joy. She rolled her eyes. Moments after a bunch of guys barged in the canteen. The girl beside me jumped on her sit and ran away. Joy opened her chips and started eating.

"That was Yeri." she said as she looked at me.

"Why was she running?" I asked curiously. She looked at the guys who was searching around the canteen.

"Just her brother. You know, siblings." she said and continued eating. I looked around and a tall with sharp eyes. He stopped at our table.

"Have you seen that kid?" he asked Joy. Joy shook her head and the guy turned and glanced at me. I looked at him and he rolled his eyes and walked away.