≿❈ 𝔄 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔞 𝔩𝔬𝔫𝔤, 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔶 𝔡𝔞𝔶 ❈≾

"Thank you, Yao. The green curry was delicious, and the fish had the right amount of spice to it." I smiled at the wise-eyed, elderly man as I slid my empty plate far enough away to rest my sore arms on the cold marble countertop.

     "You, bad day?" The Japanese man's broken English was far better than my jumbled attempts at speaking his brisk and complex language.

     "It was very eventful." I hadn't stopped worrying about the Granger's and Fawley's whereabouts since I left Juniebee at the Wild Rose. I kept seeing the green-brown, leathery skin within inches of my grasp, and I shook in frustration that I didn't manage to catch him. My thoughts weren't going to stop recycling themselves, and the strange look in Yao's black eyes seemed to cut down to the truth of my shitty day.

     "Your clothes, I..." Yao motioned with his hands like he was sewing.

     I did my best not to get my hopes up, but I was positive Yao heard the strings of desperation in my tone, "Do you really think you can repair all of it? Or should I just buy new ones before Draco sees them?" He was still upset about some of the clothes he bought me that I'd ruined in the past, and I had no desire to listen to a lecture about fabric and expenses.

     Yao's shrug didn't instill me with much faith in his skills as a seamster. I squinted at him as he went back to wiping down the spotless marble counter with a smile twinkling in his eyes.

     "That would be brilliant. Thanks."

     He nodded before rinsing out the dishtowel. Grabbing my ruined clothes from the bathroom floor, he left for the evening.

     I padded my way to the entertainment room and turned on some music featuring a gravelly-voiced singer on the gramophone. I lounged on the beige couch while scanning the Prophet. Swaying my foot in time with the music, my eyes drifted closed.

     Raspy breathing and the loud thud of my footfalls were the only things I could hear as blood pounded through my body. I chased after a dark figure through thick mist and miles of black rose bushes.

     "Harry," a hiss called, its icy claws ran down my spine. I froze mid-stride, straining to see into the trees that peaked out from the mist surrounding me.

     A branch snapped.

     "Run," the hiss commanded.

     I bolted as fast as my feet would carry me. My breath came in quick bursts, and my legs burned as I flew around bushes and vaulted over fallen logs.

     Draco's seductive odor assaulted me—stopping me in my tracks. Spinning this way and that, I desperately searched the dark mist for my lover.

     Black rose petals lazily drifted down from the sky, covering the ground in perfumed silk.

     My breath caught when my gaze landed on Draco. My chest filled with love for him, so much so that I thought I'd burst from the overwhelming feeling.

     Draco's shimmering silver eyes lifted to mine—tears streaked his beautiful face. Amaranth lips moved in a soundless rhythm.

     "Dragon, I can't hear you," my voice echoed around me.

     Faceless, black-cloaked figures materialized behind Draco. My heart convulsed with the fear of losing him to their bony outstretched hands.

     Draco's lips moved with silent words.

     "Run!" My voice echoed again.