"That the ex that's in town?" He whispered to me, not knowing that no matter how low he whispered Tera would hear.

I looked at her. She was looking straight ahead, not saying a word. I looked back at him and nodded. He nodded as well. "Understood." He whispered and straightened up again. He walked back up towards the other two and said something. They all looked back at us and smiled, walking across the street towards the cafe. I'm guessing Kai thought we had some business to take care of and got the others to follow along and leave us behind.

Tera knee, and sighed. "I can't take you with me." She told me.

"I'm not letting you go by yourself." I responded, slowly walking along her side.

"You'll be a liability to me. I don't want anything to happen to you."

I stopped and turned to look at her. She didn't look so fierce. She looked so delicate, like a mirror, ready to crack. I smiled. "Don't worry about me. We'd have to deal with him eventually." Yeah, I would have to encounter him sooner than I expected, since he caught Tera and I together, walking through town, holding hands.

She looked down at our entwined hands and back up at me. "You think he'd really go after you for this?"

"If I know jealous exes," which I don't. I've just seen how Brooke acts when she sees Zane with other guys. "I know they plan on getting revenge. But I'm not sure if it's the same as with werewolves." An idea popped into my head. "Wait, if we meet him out in the open, would he dare show his true colors?"

Tera shook her head. "Too many humans around to let them know that we exist by throwing a hissy fit. I know Kurt. He's not that stupid or that reckless." She nodded. "Meeting him in the open isn't such a bad idea, though."

I turned my body the other direction. "I think that's what he might want. He might want you to follow him to meet."

She swallowed and nodded. "Let's go."

.........

Tera tracked him down by his scent he left behind to the old town park. The grass was cut, and the landscape was just as beautiful as the community kept it. One thing is for sure, this town has a reputation for taking care of itself.

We passed by the old fountain with the stone Indian on a horse on it. My grandfather, rest his soul, use to tell me that that Indian was a hero to this town, that he had once saved both the white people and his people from starting a war and was behind them making a peace treaty and sharing the land. Grandpa always said that if you made a wish that the old Indian would grant it. But with my luck, I don't think making a wish would be worth it right now.

There were a few people here. There were some old coots playing checkers at a picnic table, and a mother with her two small girls having a picnic on the ground under an oak tree. It took us a moment before we found our target.

He was on a bench with his arms spread out. He looked over at us, and he looked forward again. Tera soon slowly stalked over there, me holding her hand and following slowly behind her. She eventually sat down next to him, and me beside her.

"It's been a while." He said. "You look good."

Tera was quiet for a moment. He looked over at her. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? C'mon, talk to your Alpha."

"You're not my damn Alpha." She spoke with clear tensity.

He smiled. "Of course I am. I killed the former Alpha in a challenge. I won the title of Alpha." He looked over her at me, and smiled something sinister. She sat up and blocked his view with a low growl.

"Mine." She growled out.

There was something that trickled in his eyes. And when he spoke again, I could hear the anger in it. "Your's?" He said. She nodded, and he started to stand up. "Then I guess I'll have to drag you back by the scruff of your neck." He looked at me. "But first, maybe I'll take out your toy first."

She got up and met his gaze. There was a growling competition, and it was obvious they were both going to start fighting at any time now, and that would lead to everyone in sight to know what they were.

I stood up quickly and looked at him. "It wouldn't be wise to reveal your existence like this out of anger." I stated. "If you know this, then you will calm down."

His growling glare switched to me, and I noticed his eyes were bright blue, almost white. "You're even annoying. I wouldn't expect less from a worthless piece of human shit like you with my mate."

"Your mate?" Tera asked. "YOUR mate? Since when? You tried to claim me as your's in the pack, but failed when I didn't accept you."

"You were and are still mine!" He almost shouted.

I looked around and saw everyone staring. They would both break if this kept on. I had to step in.

I grabbed Tera by the shoulder. "This isn't the place for this. If this keeps on, you'll both be a few hundred pound wolves that I'm pretty sure everyone will notice us different." I explained to her. Her growling slowly started to cease. I continued. "Let's go."

I gently, very gently, started to pull her back. Her stare was still on Kurt, but she slowly backed away with my tugs. She soon turned and, forcefully, put an arm around my waist and pulled me closer towards her.

She turned her head once. "Monster." She said.

He stood there, still growling, eyes still bright. He eventually started walking very fast towards the other side of the park where a black Sedan waited. He got in and sped off.

I looked at her. "Calm do-" I was cut off with a hand over my mouth.

She was glaring, eyes bright yellow. "If you ever put yourself in a dangerous situation like that again, I'll take you out myself." She threatened.

I swallowed a large lump in my throat and nodded. She exasperatedly exhaled and kept walking. "But even still, you kept us from letting our existence out. Thank you." Her glare was still bright with rage, but she stared into my eyes with passion mixed with frustration.