Chapter 15: Roomates

Start from the beginning

Breathe.

"Brooke" Mel tugged at my sleeve.

"Yea I'm here" I let her know I'm ok and quickly compose myself.

"I'm sorry Lucy isn't here at the moment so come back in the morning and we can all talk then with her" I say as politely as I could, without my confidence faltering.

"That won't be necessary" Dom growled "We are family so we will stay here" He said it like an order.

"Um what?" I definitely need to get my ears checked.

"We've come all this way so we might as well stay here and we will be here when Lucy gets back in the morning" He states.

I give Molly a look and at first she looked oblivious but then got my message "Come on Mel time for bed" Molly chimed and pried her away from my side.

"But Brooke" She gives me a panicked look but I just smile and kiss her forehead

"I'll be fine" I say on her forehead.

"Ok" She says and gives me a tight hug "Night"

"Night" I say before turning back to the two strangers standing on my doorstep "Look I can even drive you but I think you should stay at a hotel"

"But we will be fine here" The lady rejects.

"I have no room"

"We can take the sofa"

"We will be really annoying in the morning with getting ready for school and so you might as well get your sleep at a hotel"

"We said we'll be fine here. I don't mind being woken up at an early hour" Dom pushes past me and into my house. My house.

Him and his sister start to settle on the sofa whilst I just stare. I hear tumbling footsteps and both Molly and Lauren appear.

"We've decided to stay the night we don't feel safe leaving you guys with them" Lauren says.

"I'll sleep with the girls to keep them safe and Lauren will sleep with you" Molly informs.

"No guys go home it's late"

"Yea it's late so we might as well stay here" Molly counters.

To be honest, I wouldn't be able to sleep if the girls were left alone. It would be nice to have someone keeping them safe.

"Ok" I say in defeat.

************

The next morning I was awoken by a crash and hoped it wasn't expensive. Whenever Lucy is around I always move the valuable stuff into either my room or the girls room and keep the rooms locked during the day.

I make my way into the kitchen to find Lucy and Dom having a stare down and in between them was a smashed plate. The shards sparkled with beauty but looked deadly.

"Ok... no one move" I automatically say, I'm used to saying that line because of the girls.

I fetch the broom and sweep it all up and put it in the bin all whilst they were having a stare down.

"Hello is anyone alive today?" I holler.

Lucy is the first to break away and turns to me "We've got great news"

"The last time you said you had great news you told me I had to provide for another human so choose your words wisely"

She grabs Dom's arm and beams up at him. This was the first time I've ever seen a smile grace her face.

"Well go on then" I say impatiently.

"We're getting married" She squealed like a teenager.

"O-ok" I didn't know what to say. Does this mean she would be finally moving out?

"And we're moving in here" She adds.

I almost burst out laughing. Aunt Lucy was never a comedian but she does occasionally crack a good joke "You're so funny"

"No it's true"

I almost spit out my car water that I had just drank "You can't be serious" I cough.

"Oh yes we are"

"Where are you gonna stay?"

"Simple" Dom shrugs "We'll stay in your parents room it's about time you move everything out and let us live there"

He said it like it was the most obvious option- well it wasn't.

Now I was livid.

"How dare you" I gritted my teeth "That's my parents room-"

"Your parents are dead" Lucy reminds me.

The words were like a punch to the gut. It was the truth but I'm still not prepared for it when someone confirms it "You're not touching that room"

"Yes we are and that's final" Lucy demands "Now hand me over the keys"

"Never" I screamed and ran up to my room crying. The warmth from the tears kept me comfort as I emptied every last tear from my azure eyes. Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Eventually Lauren joined me on my bed and then Molly and the girls did. By the looks on their faces they heard everything.

I wasn't going to let this ruin my family.

_____________

Hi guys!

Please don't hate me.

What do you guys think of Dom? For me pure hatred.

Thankyou if you've stuck with me this far I can't say the words thank you enough.

Remember to vote and comments

Byeeee!!!