Chapter 15: Roomates

Wednesday

The past two days have gone by in a blur and only consisting of classes and schoolwork.

Ever since Mason's and I had it out with each other on Monday I've become the centre of school gossip. Everywhere I look there's always someone pointing or secretly whispering to their friends whilst staring at me. However, ever since Amy Whestler was caught in the bathroom cheating on her boyfriend the bright light from the spotlight started to shift and I'm so relieved that I didn't have to go a week with the spotlight accompanying me everywhere.

I was currently snuggled up on my bed with the twins, Lauren and Molly having a girly night- or just finishing of a school essay at the last minute.

Margo had curled up in Lauren's lap and had fallen asleep ages ago but Mel was intrigued by A-Level work, I don't know how but she generally wanted to know.

"So Freya has asked me to a sleepover on the weekend, can I go?" Mel casually says.

"Sure" I say.

"So this Freya girl is Mason's sister?" Lauren asks.

"Yea we all met at ballet class" Mel says not looking up from the math sum Molly was trying to solve.

We continue talking when the doorbell goes. At first I decide to ignore it because who would be ringing the doorbell at..... 9pm. But it goes off again and again and again.

"Well if your not getting it I am" Molly finally jumps off the bed and makes a start towards my door.

"No wait it's like nine at night it could be someone doggy" I warn but she kept walking.

"Someone doggy wouldn't make the effort to ring the doorbells that many times" She walks out the room and Mel goes bouncing after her.

"Mel don't, get back here" I hiss.

"Best friends always come with back up" She salutes like it's her belief.

Lauren moves Margo so she was sprawled out over my bed and moves to my window "I can't see who it is in the darkness but there definitely is two figures"

Ok now I was getting scared "Can you see what gender?"

She shakes her head "Can only make out the figures"

I jump out of bed and hurry down to the bottom floor. The front door was already wide open and I could just make out the forms standing in front of Mel and Molly.

"Err, Hi" I interrupt and push past the girls.

A tall man wearing a puffer jacket and a curvy lady with her jet black hair tied back into a tight ponytail smiled back at me.

"You must be Brooke" The man spoke up. He removed his beanie from his head showing off his bald head, although there isn't anything to show off there. He puffed out his chest and flexed his muscles as if he was getting ready to fight.

The lady with pale skin but hair as dark as the midnight sky spoke next "Hi this is Dom and I am his sister"

"And who are you exactly?" I look between them both, who where they?

The girls eyebrows stitched together before tugging apart again "Dom is your aunts boyfriend and father to her baby"

I almost fainted!

I definitely didn't hear her right- but I did hear her right.

Breathe.

I look to Dom and then to the lady and then down at my palm and then to Dom and then to Molly who looked shocked.