Chapter 10: More Bolts

I walked up to the contemporary crimson looking door. The varnish looked recent and the windows freshly cleaned.

Mason fiddles with the key and the door before it opened "Still getting used to the locks" He mutters more to himself.

I step inside and was amazed at the interior. It was only the hallway but I could still tell a lot of detail had gone into it. The ceiling hung high and a beautiful golden chandelier hung in the centre.

"Wow your house is amazing" I say half in a daze whilst drawing everything in.

He snorts "It's just the hallways, you're easy to please"

I send him a deathly stare "Am not" I say childishly.

"Are too" He teased back.

I followed him into what looked like the kitchen. If I thought my island was big this house completely changed the definition of big.

The marble top looked smoother than silk and the main theme which I noticed to be gold and white was just as present in this room than in the hallway.

The clicking of the fridge brought me back to earth and I notice Mason pulling out two coke cans. He waves one at me and I nod in reply before he tossed it to me "Thanks" I say before I even realised I said it.

His face changed to a smile then a grin then a full blown out smirk "Did you just thank me, princess?" He muses.

"No" I drag on.

"Yea I think you did" He nods.

"Whatever" I grumble, he chuckles and goes to open a cupboard "So why did you invite me in exactly?"

"I just thought it would be polite to invite you in" He shrugged.

"I didn't know polite was our facade"

"Well here's to a new friendship path" He holds his coke can up into the air "So what do you brits do for fun?" He changes the subject.

I pretend to actually think about it "I don't know, go to the shopping centre, most kids from our school hang out at Chock'in"

Chock'in is a desert based caffee however most students don't go for the food and just for their coffee, their well known for their amazing coffee, I'm ashamed to say I'm an addict myself.

"I've been there a few times" He nods "Seems cool"

We sit in silence for a few minutes, none of us wanting to come out of our small thoughts.

"I wonder where my mum is?" He thinks before heading to the doorway "Mum I'm home"

My stomach grows heavy and something begins to stab and twist within me. He called for his mum with as little enthusiasm as possible but I would do anything to come home and shout out for my parents.

When he got no reply he joined me again on the stools "It's always hard to find someone in this big house" He gestures with his hands to show how big the house was, waving them about like they had been let loose. I don't say anything and just stare at nothing in particular.

The sound of muffled voices and clanking from heels, however, got my attention "And then we played snakes and ladders and then we kept making funny insults about Jackson and it was so funny" I recognised that voice, it was Freya.

"Wow sweety it sounds like you did a lot at school today" A motherly voice says and the pressure in my stomach pushes even harder.

The two figures that owned the voice appeared in the kitchen. A lady that looked to be in her early forties or late thirties with long flowing brunette hair similar to Freya's, the only difference is the blond highlights at the tips, walks in and stops short when she sees me and transmits a heart warming smile towards me.