✟Chapter 12✟

I jumped into Jungkook's arms holding him tight, he held me tighter.

"Was it that frightening?" Jungkook asked, a small grin on his face.

"You don't need to sound like your enjoying this, you know," I told him.

"You act like you don't know who I am."

Jungkook moved some of my light brown locks away from my forehead, he brought his lips to my forehead and kissed it softly. Then, he stroked my hair and whispered, "good boy." He said, whispering in my ear.

"You did a great job hanging in there." His gentleness melted my heart.

There no meaning for him to do this and yet. I feel like I'll go looking for that meaning.

Jungkook wrapped his arm around my waist, before jumping down from the roof with a soft thump.

"I found you~" I heard singsong laughter as Rose leaped out of my window.

The vampires under her control gathered around her.

"Begone, you fraud!" The vampires under her control sprinted towards us, making my instincts scream to escape. That was something I could normally dodge, but for some reason. My body remained frozen.

I feel so dizzy...

Jungkook lunged in front of me like my shield. His piercing eyes glowed the brightest out of all the vampires.

"You'd do well not to underestimate me. Did you think that would be enough to shake me off?" With a high pitched laugh, Rose continued to charge.

As the vampires tried to reach me, Jungkook summoned a gust of wind with his talent to blow them away.

Rose's vampires, however, were unrelenting in their assault, and Jungkook had me weighing him down.

"Enough, you don't have any obligation to protect me!"

"Obligation!?" I blinked surprised at the irritation in his voice.

Clicking his tongue, Jungkook grabbed me and kicked open a window, slipping in.

The room was similar to a church in a way, in the front, there was a chair with a big window above it, moonlight shined through the window lighting up the room a bit.

Is this where the Blood Assembly is being held...?

All the vampires looked up at us, the intruders. The surprise in their eyes quickly turned into disdain.

"Is this any act action benefitting the Blood King?" One noble spoke.

"That male is, indeed, the Moon Child. Yet should he die, you need only demand another from the humans!"

Utterly garbage! To think the Blood King would risk his life to protect livestock." Another spoke.

I'm surprised, too..I don't understand why he's trying to help me when I'm nothing but food to him.

"King Jiyong truly knew what it meant to have pride as a vampire."

"Indeed, he was a more suitable Blood King."

That's awful, there tearing into him.

I look outside to see Rose, standing in the darkness. She had a twisted smile on her face. She was strikingly beautiful, wearing a beautiful black dress that was tight on her body and her red hair matched her blood-red eyes. But even if she was beautiful she was terrifying.

"Oh? That scent.." The eyes of the vampires next to me began to change color. A noble spoke out sniffing the air.

Oh no, my blood!

"Give me your blood!" One of the nobles yelled.

A wave if vampires lunged at me from all around.

"Silence!" Jungkook's ordered in a low voice and waved his hand. A force blew the vampires away, making them fly back and hit the wall. I looked at him with much surprise as the vampires.

"What is a vampire's pride? Is it crushing humans we look down upon like so? I ask you this: Can anyone answer what rate the human population grows at?" The room fell silent, with no one answering.

"Two percent per year. Meanwhile, our numbers only decrease. We vampires are in the overwhelming minority, and the gap only grows with each year. The massacre of vampires by human hands just four days ago is part of that.

As they grow in number, they grow power and overcome their fears. Before long, they will resent us more than fear us, and war will begin."

"Then we just slay the ones we don't need for food, easy." A noble said.

"You think you can tame them with force? Indeed, vampires are powerful. One of us could easily slay ten men. But what about a hundred? Or a thousand? Even if we found a way to slay half of them, we would find ourselves dead in the end." Jungkook announced.

"T-then we need to simply domesticate them before they rebel!"

"They have hearts and minds. Beings with pride and wisdom will not fall into subservience!"

"Pride? Human? Surely you jest!"

"I do not." One of the few that didn't speak from the beginning said."I agree with King Jungkook. We should find a way to use them wisely."

"I'm in, too. We should take this chance to change!" Other vampires began to voice their agreement with Jungkook. To my surprise, it was the majority of them. The vampires against Jungkook, didn't look too pleased.

"If we are truly a civilized race, we should form a new contract with them. They will offer us blood and we offer them Talent. Jiyong era is over. And now I am king. All those who oppose me, leave now." The vampires in the room froze, overwhelmed by his force.

Eventually, one vampire bent down on one knee and put a hand over his chest.

That's how vampires show respect. After that one, more slowly started to join.

I can't believe they're all convinced.

My nerves dwindled as relief settled in.
The moment I did, however, I began to feel lightheaded.

My eyes met Jungkook's.

"How much is it that I owe you now?"

A small little grin appeared on Jungkook's face."Dissatisfied?"

You know me better than I thought Jungkook.

Then, unable to tell if I was truly forming words, my consciousness faded, as I fell into sleep embrace.

◁━━━━◈✙◈━━━━▷

I hope you liked it~💜

Vote
And
Comment💜

Hope all of you are having a wonderful day.❤

See you later my, lovelies~💜💜