✟Chapter 4✟

"This is your room, Lord Taehyung."

The room they given to this livestock is as luxurious as the meal. A light blue king sized bed laid in the middle of the room, a dresser on one side of the room and a desk with a bookshelf next to it, and more stuff.

Still, this is the top of the tower at one of the castle corners. They made me climb up six flight of stairs to get up here.

The butler must have been used to it though, since there was no signs of him out of breath.

It wasn't a problem for me either, but I had to show I was normal. So I made it look like I was breathing heavily.

"You may do as you please, in castle grounds. Should you need anything, ring this bell." The butler bowed and left the room. A few moments later, I let out a sigh and walked over to the window, opening the curtains.

The sky was covered in gray clouds. I had a view of the garden filled with beautiful flowers, below.

I suppose I'll take a tour of the castle. When I started to move away from the window, however, something familiar entered my vision.

A black carriage. The ones they use for sacrifices, the one they used to take Jimin away.

There were others taken a day before me, maybe there still in the carriage..

The driver was not present, and it didn't look like there was guards,either.

Nows my perfect chance to check! I have to hurry...!

No ones looking..

After checking around, I pulled out a silk rope I'd been hiding in my pocket. I then tied it to the rail of the balcony, and descended into the courtyard.

When I touched the ground, I took another look around the area. Vampires were much more harder to detect than humans, but even with that in mind, there was no one around.

Creeping up on the carriage, I peeked inside.

Two men and a woman. The people that were chosen to be sacrifices half a year ago..

I thought the people days before me would be here, not the ones half a year ago..!

They look exactly like the photos on the list. I'd thoroughly memorized said list, just in case.

The people in the carriage must have saw me, because they began to freak out.

"Don't worry, I'm human. Just keep quiet, alright?" They seemed taken aback by my presence, but nodded.

"I just got here yesterday, But you've been here for half a year...right?"

"We have. And your lucky, too. They wont kill you here." The woman spoke.

"They suck your blood, but not enough to kill you so don't worry." She said.

"We lived relatively normal lives, too. There's a residential human area, outside the castle." One of the guys said.

"Some people who went to other places ended up dead, though." The other spoke.

You get treated differently base on where you're sent? This is confusing..It's completely different from what I was tuaght..

Right then, someone came into the courtyard. A man who looked like the driver drew close to the cart.

"The driver is coming, so I have to go." I told them.

"You're the Moon Child aren't you not? If anything happens to you the Blood King will be in fury." One of the men said.

"He's right-- run! We'll be fine." They must be afraid of there lives but, there worried about me..