THREE; ❝ HE SANK, DEEPER AND DEEPER ❞

Depuis le début

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀"I think we'll have to pass on decree number twenty-two, if this happens again in this week," Kate commented as they all stared at the sleeping nightmare in disguise.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀Because Charlotte Damiens was so reckless and such a huge nightmare for such a tiny body, the girls had taken it upon themselves to pass on rules, laws and decrees, that imposed bans on various stuff for an indefinite amounts of time and limited some things, much to the dismay of the five-foot-four girl.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀"Let's just go to sleep," drawled out Manon sleepily and shrugged off her robe, slowly dragging herself to their shared bathroom.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀When she had changed into a pastel blue, silky pajama set, and had brushed her wavy locks of ultimate darkness, Manon dove right into her comfy four poster and was in the dreamy valley of slumber almost as soon as her head hit her soft pillow.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀A young girl, who was probably in her third year, sneaked out of the basements, still dressed in her school uniform; from the Hufflepuff-crest patched robe to the black and yellow tie. There were two things odd about her. One, she was sneaking out way past curfew (even the Prefects had returned to their dormitories by now, and too an hour prior) and two, her extremely pale skin was marked with scars, some thin and some deep, and blue and purple bruises which blossomed like unwanted but forcefully given, flowers of tragedy on her arms, legs, face, shoulders, knees and even her back.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀Small and soft hiccups resounded from her tiny body, the kind of hiccups you get in the aftermath, when you cry really, really bad, the kind where you rock back and forth with your knees up to your chest and face stuffed in your crossed arms as dozens of tears leak out simultaneously, from both of your eyes, and your heart is bleeding and your ribs are overflowing because of all that dark blood your heart is weeping out and it's like death is near but it never comes so you just sit there; a sobbing, crying, crushed mess of tears and shaky breaths.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀It was a surprise to the golden haired girl that she'd managed to sneak out of the castle with no bump-ins or sightings of Filch or any of the teachers that were on patrol. Maybe they were sympathetic and wanted her to finally be at peace? Who knows, but nobody stopped her and nobody was there to stop her; she was alone and as far as the universe knew and was concerned, she had always been and if she continued, will always be.