Prince Charming - Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Fine then, thank you..." She locked eyes with him through the smoke, feeling a chill through her spine. Her heart began to pound as she hurried off, through the swinging doors as he chuckled softly to himself.

"Shoulda misled her ...Coulda got all my vengeance here but..." He trudged up the stairs, glimpsing over. "I have more important things to do...."

He headed for a storage closet, carefully opening the knob as he bit his lip in pain. He shoved around some bags, a malicious smile growing as he found a doll, which resembled a familiar figure he once knew quite well. He yanked it out by the pigtails, dragging it behind him as he calculated the perfect spot to execute his plan.

--

Hiroshi sat, inhaling deeply as he trembled. Emotions tumbled in his heart, anger, fear, betrayal, sadness. It all boiled within him as he paced around, aware of the fire outside.

Of course he should have expected this. No one in his life ever turns out good. A dead mother, a murdered lover, a captive father and now a killer fiance. A fiance who wanted him dead from the start.

His heart wrenched as he soaked in this information... Zerox never loved him. How did he never realize, he may never know, but he'll never live it down now. It was so obvious, he should've listened to Katsumi. The constant isolation he would keep him in, locked up in the house while Zerox was doing who knows what. Not to mention the fact that any retaliation from Hiroshi would only result in more harm to the small singer.

How did he never realize? Even when he knew of Zerox's infidelity, him bringing junkies and groupies constantly after a day of kicking down his so-called lover. It was a poorly kept secret, even the media began to catch on. Zerox never cared. He only wanted fame and power, to use Hiroshi's passive personality against him, keeping him down.

Yet, after all this time, all the turmoil, he truly believed there was love. A worthless hope he'd even bother to change while incarcerated on top of that, now he's running the risk of not only himself dying, but his friends too. Why didn't he leave? Why was this happening to him?

He began to pick himself up, shaking his head as he eyed the door. So many things ran through his head as he tried to grasp the fact his past was crumbling before his eyes, a love that never was. He couldn't whine and hide anymore, there was little time. His cowardice had been holding him back and getting his friends hurt this whole time in order to protect him.

No more.

He couldn't allow that, he can't live with being pushed around anymore, only to be saved by some outside source. He had enough, it was pitiful from the start. He attempted to tread forward, inhaling deeply as he built himself up.

BOOSH

A voluminous shake from below sent him tumbling to the ground, grasping onto Zerox's thrown coat. He stood still for a moment as he allowed the initial rumble to cease, contemplating the jacket.

He huffed, lifting the jacket as he stared at it with disdain. Zerox always loved this old thing, he's been wearing it ever since Hiroshi gave it to him. He did always have a soft spot for leather, a real attachment to it.

'Probably a stronger attachment to a piece of leather than he had for you....'

Hiroshi clenched his teeth, tugging at the jacket in a flash as he groaned at the thought. He huffed, tossing it back down on it's back as he sniffled... might as well let it become lost to the fire.

He glimpsed down to it one more time, noticing some cracks within it. He leaned down to it, inspecting it further. Sure, leather tends to crack after being in intense heat but these cracks....they were too methodical. They were placed too specifically to be the results over overheating.