《15》

Five's P.O.V

Everything had frozen.

I stepped out from behind Luther, dodging his massive arm that held the briefcase.

Eleanor only stood couple of feet away, with her hands covering her ears and her eyes glowing with nothing but concern. I cupped her cheek with my palm, locking her face into my brain and then gave her a short but sincere hug. I probably won't see her for a long time.

I turned around and made my way towards to ice cream truck that was about to destroy the two agents.

"Neat trick, isn't it?" A familiar voice broke the uneasy silence.

Facing the voice, I was met with my once employer. I scrunched my face slightly at her whilst she smiled in return and removed her netted veil out of her sight, as well as the glasses.

"Hello, Five. You look good, all things considered." She said pointing her glasses at me.

"It's good to see you again."

"Feels like we met just yesterday. Course, you were just a little bit older then. Congratulations on the age regression by the way. Very clever, threw us all of the scent." She complimented.

"Ah, well I wish I could take credit. I just miscalculated the time dilation projections, and... well you know, here I am." I told her, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"You realise your efforts are futile. So why don't you tell me what you really want?" She asked, cutting to the chase.

"I want you to put a stop to it." I simply stated.

"You realise what you're asking for is next to impossible, even for me. What's meant to be, is meant to be. That's our raison d'être." She explained, but I didn't care. I took out my spare gun and carelessly aimed it at her.

"Yeah, well how about survival as a raison?" I mocked.

"I'll just be replaced. I'm but a... small cog in a machine. This fantasy you've been nurturing about summoning up your family to stop the apocalypse, is just that... a fantasy." She affirmed, "Im must say though, we're all quite impressed with your initiative, your stick - to - itiveness, really quite something. Which is why we want to offer you a new position back at the Commission, in management."

"Huh, sorry what's that now?" I chuckled.

"Come back to work for us again, you know it's where you belong." She said.

I looked over to Eleanor, knowing she'd disagree with all of this.

"Well, it didn't work out too well the last time."

-

She had given alot of reasoning and I had to admit, the new offer sounded quite good.

"Do we have a deal?" She asked, offering a hand to shake.

"One thing." I said before making my way over to a helpless gun lying on the floor near Hazel and Cha Cha. I unloaded it and threw the pieces to either sides of me. I then replaced the bullet that was about to hit Luther so it would miss him by a millisecond. When I was satisfied I was able to shake her hand before she travelled us to the headquarters.

Eleanor's P.O.V

It was so strange.

One second Five was hiding behind Luther, and the next he had vanished.

The ice cream truck that held my two brothers had knocked down Hazel and Cha Cha as well as their vehicle.

"Five?!" I shouted, hoping he had just gone further to hide.