Chapter 19 -epilogue

A year later, wedding bells were ringing in the streets of London and everywhere in England. Turtle doves flew in the clear blue sky, where bright banners were waving in the wind. Down below, people from all over were waiting anxiously to get a glimpse of their new king and queen. 

"Are you ready, Snow?" Robin asked offering an arm. Snow was staring at the balcony. She never thought the place she always went to be alone will be joined by the love of her life. 

"What's wrong?" Robin said with a concerned look when Snow didn't take his arm. She shook her head. "Oh, sorry, I'm fine just jittery." She said liking her arm with hers. Robin gave her an encouraging smile. "You will be a stunning queen." Snow chuckled. 

"Of course." She gave him a loving look. "Though I could never, without you at my side to encourage me." Robin grinned. 

"Shall we?" 

"We shall." 

With one hand holding a bouquet of flowers, the newlyweds walked towards the laced balcony. The crowd roared with applause and whistles, waving little flags. Sharing their appreciation for the beaming couple. The new queen took her bouquet and tossed it to the crowd to a lucky lady who might be the next beaming bride. When she was younger, she thought that it was a silly tradition but, today it was perfect. Just like everything else.  

There was nothing that could possibly separate the two. It may have taken them long to figure it out, but once they did, everything just clicked. 

As they stood together on that balcony before their people, Robin could not help but wonder if he had not decided to go on a hunt that day, he would not have discovered the woman who set his heart free from the fears that held him back and plagued his nightmares. As a robin flew by with its mate, Robin could not help but chuckle at what his friends said that day:

"Did you know that robins are a symbol of renewal. Kai said. They rode again.

"I thought they were a symbol of honour?" Smith said.

"That too, but mainly they are a promise of a good future." Jon grinned.

"Then Robin has a good future ahead of him." Robin snorted. He was half listening to their chatter, keeping an ear out for any scuffling among the brushes for possible prey. He turned to them when they mentioned his name.

"I don't need a bird to tell me what my future will hold." He said. "I'll make my own destiny."

"What's so funny?" He heard Snow ask him. He turned to face her and smiled. He lifted her chin and kissed her lips.  "It seems that I finally made my own destiny." Snow kissed him back, but this time didn't let go.