Chapter Fifteen

Hey everyone, I apologize for not updating this chapter for so long. Earlier this month it was just bad writer's block and school, but then I got pretty sick. My other books had prewritten chapters so I just published those but I didn't have any for this one. Thanks for the patience.

————————————————————————

I hurried down to the Hufflepuff common room at a speed that made me feel dizzy. Well, maybe it was the pounding in my head that made me feel that way, but I couldn't be bothered right now.

I was almost at my destination when I slammed into someone with so much force that I literally flew backwards. I groaned in pain "Cindy!"

My head snapped up immediately at the sound of the familiar voice. My heart finally settled at the sight of my boyfriend seemingly whole and in one piece. "Ced! Thank Merlin you're alright." I almost cried in relief.

He looked confused. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"I heard you needed to see me right now, and my scar was hurting, and-"

"Wait, your scar hurts?" Cedric abruptly helped me to my feet.

"Yes, but that doesn't matter right now. Why did you need to talk to me?" I changed the subject.

A grin made its way into his face. "I found out how the egg works!"

My eyes widened. "What? Really?!"

"Yeah, you just put it underwater and you hear the clue."

"That's brilliant! How did you figure it out?" I grinned widely.

He hesitated. "Professor Moody sorta...hinted at it."

My eyebrows shot up instantly. "Professor Moody told you?"

"Well, erm-he didn't say it straight up, he just sorta hinted at it." He rubber the back of his head awkwardly. "I'm pretty sure that Karkaroff and Madame Maxime are helping their students too, and I'll tell Harry about this too to even the playing field. I owe him one for the dragons anyway."

I reassured him that the fairness of the competition was the least of my concerns. He seemed relieved and so was I. I was relieved that he was alright but I was beyond confused. Why would Professor Moody help Cedric? He was a Gryffindor at school so I assumed that he'd support Harry if he had to choose between the two.

"What are you doing inside on such a lovely day?" A growl filled my ears. Speak of the devil.

I turned around casually and forced a smile. "Professor Moody, yes, I was just going outside right now. I had to meet someone down here."

"Wouldn't be Mr. Diggory, would it?"

"Yes, it was."

He watched me with interest. "You two have been together for long?"

"For awhile, yes." I muttered, trying to end the conversation. "I apologize, but I really must be going-"

"Would you have a minute to join me in my office?"

My eyes widened. "Sorry, Sir, But Professor Snape told me to report to his office straight away." I ran off before he could get another word in.

I made my way to the Gryffindor common room quickly to search for my brother, but it seemed as though Cedric had got to him first, because he raced out of the common room with the golden egg in hand before I could stop him.

"Cindy!" I turned to see Ginny rush down the stairs. "I'm so excited for the ball tomorrow. Have you got a dress yet?"

"No-"