A Perfect Storm

~Bandit Camp~

Raven sat in her tent, sharpening her red blade, thinking about what had transpired when her daughter was here.

Her train of thought was halted when Vernal opened the flap.

"Raven, we have a problem." The 1st lieutenant said as Raven frowned.

"What is it?" Raven asked.

"Salem's found us." Vernal replied, much to the surprise of Raven.

"Salem...okay." Raven nods, sheathing her blade and attaches her weapon onto her hip, her mask waiting on the table.

"Four of her followers are waiting to speak with you." Vernal said as Raven sighs.

"Right. We planned for this... Bring me my helmet." Raven orders as her underling obeys.

The exit to see Cinder, Arthur Watts, Mercury, and Emerald standing before her tent.

"I don't recall inviting so many guests into our home. Either I'm losing my memory, or you've all lost your spines!" Raven spoke, her voice rising as her bandits turn away from her.

"Don't be too upset with them, Raven. Your men simply recognized the power of a Maiden when they see it. Which is why we'd like to have a word with you." Cinder replied, her eye glowing hot with power before dissipating.

"Leave us. Pack your things, then break down camp. We're moving." Raven ordered as the bandits all leave to do so.

"Little late to run and hide. You've been on our master's list for some time, as was that Spider hero, so you must understand that we cannot allow you to slip away." Watts remarks.

"I know all about your master, but I don't believe we've met." Raven says.

"We're the guys you should be afraid of." Mercury said, a confident smile adorning his face.

"I doubt anyone should be afraid of you. I'm sure that hero would've wiped the floor with how threatening you pose." Raven snorted as Mercury's confident smirk faltered.

"Oh yeah? Tell that to--" Mercury started before Cinder interrupts.

"Quiet." Cinder snaps as Mercury relents.

"That's what I thought." Raven smirks, though her mask hides it.

"I'm Cinder Fall. This is my associate, Arthur Watts, and my disciples, Emerald and Mercury." Cinder introduces.

"Two children you've tricked into following you, a disgraced Atlesian scientist, and a Fall Maiden with a surname so appropriate, she probably picked it herself. Something tells me you've got more than a slight case of egomania, is that about right?" Raven crossed her arms, listing off the qualities as the three remain silent before Arthur spoke up.

"Technically, I was also a doctor, but I must say, the rest was spot on." Arthur said.

"Aren't you perceptive." Cinder glared.

"It's what's kept me alive." Raven remarked, a smirk under her mask.

"I'm afraid the only reason you're still alive is because you have something our master wants. Of course, if I'm wrong..." Cinder activates her Maiden power again and holds out a small flame in her right hand, grinning evilly.

"Vernal!" Raven called out.

Vernal steps out of Raven's tent and walks up next to her.

"So, this is the long lost Spring Maiden. Prove it." Cinder said, an unnerving smile almost growing on her face.