"What do you mean?" Hazel will be fine, she just needs rest. She can walk eventually.

"Axel... didn't they tell you?"

"About her hamstring taken out? Yes, but she'll be fine. She just needs—" I say, not actually knowing what she needs.

I was right, right? Hazel would be fine, she want permanently crippled.

"Axel, she hasn't been able to walk in nine years. She was eleven," Abby says and I go quite.

I just bought a sub who couldn't and wouldn't ever be able to walk.

"So I just bought a submissive that's completely useless? That's what you're telling me?" I ask in frustration.

Abby frowns, a judgmental look on her face. "That wasn't what I was saying, but if that's how you want to take it."

"How am I supposedly take it, she can't walk! She's useless!" I snap, seeing now why they were going to ship her off to be a breeder.

"Man, well I'm really sorry that this is unconvincing for you," she says, clearly angry. "It must really be tough for you to suffer like this." I regret my words.

She is right, I have no right to be mad about this.

It's not Hazel's fault and if it's effected anyone, it's her. I should be mad at the trainers who hurt her and let her leg get infected. I shouldn't be mad at her for the consequences of their actions.

Before I can say anything, Abby starts to storm off. "Abby, wait!"

"What? I'm going to shave her head, isn't that what you wanted?" She snaps.

"Y-you can leave it." She grinds her jaw, not as pleased about my decision as I thought she'd be.

"Good. She'll be done soon. They're going to sedate her and they will be by around six to drop her off at your house," she says before angrily turning away.

————

The seditive they gave her takes a lot longer to wear off than I anticipated. It could be due to her being sick, but she remains unconscious for far longer than they told me she would.

I do suspect that she woke up before I noticed though, because when I do notice she woke up, she seems highly alert for her sickly state.

I pause in the doorway, not wanting to alert her of my presence. I haven't unlocked her cage yet, so she sits almost unmoving, simply surveying my living room.

She looks frightened, but seems to be much healthier now that the medicine the doctor gave her is working in her.

"Hazel," I finally call, making her jump. Her head hits the side of her cage as she pushes back to get as far away from me as she can.

Her large eyes lock onto mine and I see she is nothing short of terrified. Her breath elevated and I begin to hear her wheezing again. "It's alright". I try too soothe her, not wanting her to hyperventilate.

That will just be another medical bill if I have to take her to the hospital or something.

I watch the girl and she watches me. We just stare at one another, me taking in her petiteness and her probably taking in my massiveness.