The last thing the man said to her as she rushed out of the door was, "I bet you taste like vanilla!"

The entrance bell chimed once again and the room was back to normal. The humid lust evaporated and the man felt as light as a feather. He inhaled and exhaled deeply from his loss of breath. Grinning, with absolute zero shame, he grabbed the cold egg salad sandwich. He wouldn't be needing any more sweets today.

"You're really somethin', ya' know that Max?" the cashier told him as he stepped up to pay.

"What can I say? A man smells fresh meat like that? He's gotta' bark!" Max grinned.

"Ya', ya'. Whatever you's says, you dog. Now, get! I gotta' have lunch too, ya know!"

The cashier pointed toward the door and flicked his wrist to shoo Max away.

"Ey'! That's no way to treat a customer!" Max growled.

"What can I say?" the cashier mocked. "Yous gonna' act like a dog, I'm gonna' treat ya' like a dog!"

There was a short pause before both the cashier and Max erupted into heavy laughter. When their bellies settled, Max waved goodbye and exited the store with his cold egg salad sandwich nearly squashed in hand.

It didn't take him long to make it back to the construction site. His pals were already sitting at the curb, madness ensuing behind them from the heavy hydraulics. They munched on their warm homemade sandwiches barely noticing. Max took a seat next to them.

"Take-out again, huh, Max?" his friend closest to his left asked with a full mouth, nudging him on the shoulder.

"Well, we don't all have gorgeous wives at home to pack our lunches!"

Max started to peel the plastic off of his sandwich. Mayo and egg stuck to the plastic and dripped all over Max's hand. He licked it off.

"Hey, watch the way you talk about my wife there, Maxy boy!"

At that moment, a brunette girl in leggings and an oversized t-shirt knotted to be a bit tighter passed by.

"Damn, baby! You working on that body?" Max's friend howled out at her.

Max cackled and whistled at her in unison.

She didn't turn her head, only frowned and sucked her teeth as she sped up to get out of earshot.

Both Max and his friend stared at her as she fast-walked away. They chewed on their sandwiches until she disappeared around the corner. Even after she was gone, they still watched the empty distance.

"The boys and I are lookin' to go to Lady Luck tonight if yer' interested?" Max's friend proposed to him.

"Oh, no. None of that for me tonight, sir. You already got me spendin' all of my money last time we was there...which was yesterday! I don't have many singles left! Don't matter how pretty those girls are. I could barely afford this sandwich!" Max exclaimed. He took a grossly large bite out of his sandwich, nearly biting off his own fingers. He winced and pulled his hand out of his mouth, waving his wrist to try to flick off the pain.

"Whatever you say, Maxy boy. Maybe you gotta' just lay off throwing money at every beautiful doe you see."

Max huffed out an awkward chuckled. "You know I can't control myself! They just smile at me with those plump lips and my instincts turn on."

Max's friend smirked, "That's all fine, Maxy. You know you's is always welcome to join if you change your mind."

"Thanks, bud. I appreciate that."