Vanilla: Max

The first time he ever saw her was while he was picking up lunch. He was in a rundown convenience store debating on whether to buy a cold egg salad sandwich or a meat-water slushie hotdog. All he had in his dirty hands were three dollars and sixty-seven cents. If he bought the sandwich, he'd barely have a cent left to spare. But, if he bought the hotdog, he might have enough money left over for a pack of gummies.

He did love his sweets.

Just as he reached for the gummies, the chime of the entrance bell grabbed his attention. He looked over and saw her step through the doorway.

She was wearing her long golden hair in high pigtails. Her short black dress and plastic backpack made her look like a schoolgirl. Printed onto the face of her backpack was the basic stencil of a black bat with fully extended wings. In contrast, her skin was pale white, nearly translucent. This only made her look like a beautiful porcelain doll. Her legs were smooth and slender, leading down to her tall black pumps that gave her extra height, although she was still rather short. In her mouth was a large red lollipop.

From the moment she walked in, her rose-stained smile never vanished.

He watched her with wide drooling eyes. She stepped up to a wall covered in bags of candy and bent over to get a better look. Her bum stuck out so high into the air that he swore in his mind she was putting on a show for him. He felt his thoughts more justified when she bent down further. She stood back up and continued walking around, bending over again and again as she passed new items.

He couldn't control himself. From the depths of his gut came a deep moaning sound like an animal in heat. The cashier looked over at him with humorous disgust, but the girl did not react. She didn't even pinch her face in disturbance like the reaction he was so used to.

Realizing there was no consequence, he felt a wave of release as though he'd just lifted a little bit of weight off of his chest. The feeling was too good. He decided that he'd try to push the line as far as he could.

"God bless you, beautiful," he said to her rather assertively.

Once again, she did not react.

Then he noticed the small white circles covering her ears. She was wearing headphones, probably listening to loud music that was near deafening her. He bet that she couldn't hear a word he was saying. She roamed around the store, gazing at drinks and cans of food, clueless to anything else around her as she licked her lollipop. A dark smile crept across his lips. Besides the cashier, he felt as if he was alone with her in this dirty little store.

He began to speak to her, knowing it would be a one-sided conversation. At first, the comments were nearly innocent; simple compliments on how pretty she looked and how nice her dress was. Then, as the feeling of release grew stronger and more euphoric, his comments grew more grotesque and vulgar. The cashier's face contorted into pure horror as he listened to the graphic descriptions of what he wanted to do to her and what he thought she might like. All the while, the girl skipped around the aisles of the store with a puckered smile.

The air was being filled with humid lust as he continued his twisted monologue. It grew uncomfortable for even the cashier to breathe in. He plugged his ears shut with his index fingers and rolled his eyes, waiting for it to stop.

The girl picked up a handful of lollipops and walked toward the counter. The cashier immediately dropped his hands, not wanting her to see that there was something going on. As she paid at the register, the cashier tried his best to mask the look of disgust on his face so as not to alert the girl. She dropped a crisp five-dollar bill on the counter and grabbed the lollipops without waiting to take her change.