Chapter 3

Monster
Even though you might not like it
The monsters under your bed are probably the only things that truly understand you.
@Stelle_poetry

Emerald

"Emerald?"

I look up at Mateo as he said the word. It sounded beautiful, too bad I didn't know what it meant. I seemed to not know what a lot of things meant which left my mind confused since everything felt familiar. There were so many things I wanted to say and express but I didn't know how and don't even know what they meant.

It's as if I knew something but my mind won't let me process it to make something out of it.

There was one thing I did have in my mind though. Why was Mateo always red in the face and his voice keeps shaking and he always sounds unsure of himself. I wanted to know why but I didn't really know how to approach the topic so I just try to ignore it.

I wanted to eat quickly so that I could go back to watching the moving pictures on the screen. The scene that I was watching made me feel like I had knots in my stomach and it suddenly made my breasts all sensitive just like how it did when Mateo was putting clothes on me. I liked the feeling that it gave me and I liked how my body reacted but I don't know why it tingled like how it did.

"Emerald that's it, since we don't know what you're name is then I'll call you Emerald for now."

I pondered over the name still slurping on the noodles. I liked it, it sounded beautiful.

"What does it mean?" I voiced out.

"It reminded me of your eyes. They're the same green colour as a precious stone called an Emerald." I smiled at his response liking the meaning and origin of my new found name but now that I think about it I don't even really know what I look like. So him saying that my eyes were green was new to me. I knew that I had long brown hair and tan skin but I didn't even know what I looked like.

I suddenly looked at the fork I was holding and saw a slight reflection, although it was blurry I could make out my green eyes that he talked about.

"Do you not remember what you look like?" He asked sounding astonished.

I shook my head still looking at the fork trying to make out what my face looked like.

"Must be nice." He whispered to himself. I don't think I was supposed to hear him.

"Why is it nice?" I asked, curious as to why he would say such a thing.

"I don't want to talk about it, but if you did want to see yourself then I do have a mirror you could look at." his voice sounded strained and distant as if he wanted me to say no, but I needed to know what I looked like.

"Show me." he looked at me as if he was having an internal battle with himself. I truly wanted to know why?

Why was he so opposed to looking at a reflection? Did he not want me to look at myself? Am I hideous? Is it his way of saying that it's better that I don't know what I looked like? Is that why he said that it must be nice that I don't know what I look like, and he's not so lucky because he's seen me?

"Do you not like how I look?" I asked choking back on the tears that I now realized are forming in my eyes. I don't know why but the mere thought of him not liking how I look makes me feel unhappy.