Chapter 9

Jaemin PoV 

I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder as the movie continued. I looked over and saw Mina sleeping on my shoulder. Cute, I thought. She looked like a sleeping puppy. I looked over at Jeno and Yeseul and they were already cuddling and sleeping together. Waaah, how nice it must be to have a girlfriend Jeno-ah. I returned my gaze to Mina. 

I decided that we should turn off the movie. I quietly called for one of Mina's maids to close the giant screen. She left a little bit of light on in the bathroom so that we could still see if we wanted to move around. I thanked her and brought sleep upon myself. 

"Hm...you are one interesting girl Mina-yah. You know, I heard you and Yeseul talking in your bedroom. Why do you want to leave me for a worthless girl like Yerim? What did she do to hurt you? How could she hurt a precious girl like you?" I whispered. 

I leaned my head on hers. I searched for her hand under the blanket and grabbed onto it. I played around with her fingers. 

"From what I hear, you always risk yourself for the happiness of others. Why? Why couldn't you be selfish for once? For me? I don't want you to leave me. I don't want to leave you either. I want you to want me to be by your side. But if you want me to leave you, then I will. We will bear our separate paths and continue on with our lives." I said. Tears began to well up in my eyes. I looked up to prevent them from escaping, but one did. Then another. Then another. And another until tears were streaming down my eyes. If it were for Mina's happiness then I would try to leave her in the most subtle way, but stay by her side for as long as possible. 

Overtime, I felt myself falling asleep. 

Mina PoV

I woke up to the sound of footsteps in the hallway. I slowly opened my eyes but came face to face with Jaemin. The two of us were sleeping side by side on the couch, our legs were entangled and Jaemin had his arm draped over my waist. 

At first I thought this was very uncomfortable, but I grew to like it. It was warm and cozy and I felt protected. I stared at Jaemin, admiring his features. His long eyelashes, his fluffy hair, his pointed nose, his sharp jawline. Everything about him seemed too perfect. I noticed a piece of hair was draped over his eye, so I moved to brush it out of the way. In the process, I might have woken Jaemin up. He wriggled in his sleep and pulled me closer to his body. Our faces were centimeters apart. 

"J-Jaemin." I whispered. 

"Let me stay like this, just for a little longer." He replied, placing his face in the crook of my neck. 

My arm was getting tired after holding it in the air for so long. I gently rested it on the back of his head and warmly hugged him. I inhaled the scent of his hair, and it had a flowery scent to it. I liked it. I played with his hair while he fell back asleep. Soon, I could hear him gently snoring. 

I quietly unwrapped his arms and got up. I figured it was about time to wake up. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and changed clothes. I looked at the time and noticed that it was around 7 o'clock. School wouldn't start for another hour. I decided to make some breakfast. 

I got out some ingredients for pancakes. I began to mix everything together when I heard footsteps coming from the main hall. I looked up from the countertop. 

"Morning." I greeted to a sleepy looking Jeno. 

"Oh, you're already awake." Jeno said, looking in the fridge. 

"Are you hungry?" I asked. 

"A little bit. Do you have any spare toothbrushes and stuff?" He asked. 

I nodded. "Yeah. If you go to the bathroom, there should be some in the cabinet." 

He nodded, giving me a thumbs up as he walked out of the kitchen. 

I returned to my mixing and heated up the pan. I poured in the mix after the pan decided to heat up. I slowly cooked the pancakes and plated them when they finished cooking. As I was mixing, once again, I heard a set of footsteps from the main hall. I figured they were Jeno's so I didn't turn around and just said for him to take a seat at the table. 

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist, making me jump in surprise. I almost yelped out if I hadn't recognized his scent so quickly. 

"How dare you call me Jeno." Jaemin's morning voice.

Okay, guys. I have to be extremely honest with you. His morning voice is extremely sexy. 

"J-Jaemin...you're awake." I managed to say. 

He snuggled closer to me. "My wifey smells good this morning." 

"W-wifey? W-what are you t-talking about?" I stuttered. 

"I love you." He whispered. 

At first, I was surprised. But then I realized how comforting his touch was and then I decided to cherish the sound of his words and I leaned back gently into his arms. "Me too."

Jaemin quickly pulled away, redness flushing his cheeks. "W-what did you say?"

"Nothing." I spat quickly. "Just sit."

I served the pancakes and Jaemin and I ate in silence. 

Yeseul finally appeared and she stared at the two of us. 

".....uhmmmmmm what's with the silence?" She asked.