Chapter 13: This Is It

Start from the beginning

"Okay," I heave out a nervous sigh. "Bye, Mom." I embrace her tightly and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Love you." I give her one last kiss and then move onto my brother.

"Bye, dude," I hug him tightly. "See you whenever."

"No 'I love you' for me?" He questions with disbelief but with humor etched into his voice.

"I said it in my heart," I grin and pivot on my heels to walk away. "Love you, bro!" I shout speed walk to my flight.

"Call us when you land!" My mother's faint voice resonates behind me as a soft sound due to the great proximity between us.

Just in time, I walk through the doors and walk straight up to the business class section of the plane—perks of having wealthy parents. Besides, the plane trip is quite long, being about three hours long, I need a comfortable seat to accompany me throughout the tedious flight.

I place my luggage in the cabinets hovering over the seats and find my place on one of the seats. My seat is luckily by the window side—my favorite—making me feel a bit more relaxed. After a few minutes of skyrocketing nerves, the plane begins to make its ascent and I close my eyes as reality sinks in deeper as the height above the ground escalates.

"This is it," I whisper softly under my breath and then release a heavy sigh.

"First time flying?" A voice disrupts my self-calming session, and my eyes flutter open to see where it originates.

"Nope," I smile at the blonde girl next to me. I did not even notice that there is a presence beside me. "But it's the first time flying alone." I elaborate.

"Are you going on vacation?" Her stormy grey eyes sparkle with interest and sincerity as she awaits a reply.

"Nope," I shake my head lightly. "College." I keep my reply brief.

"First year?" She inquires as if the puzzle was that easy to figure out. "I can tell by the way your face looks a bit pale and your fidgeting hands. Add that to this being your first flight alone." She explains her wild and correct guess.

"You are very observant," I whistle in shock. "I'm Hailey by the way." I smile genuinely at her.

"Samantha," she mirrors my introduction. "But call me Sam or Sammy. Whichever is fine by me."

"Nice to meet you, Sam." I stretch out a palm towards her.

"Likewise." She smiles and shakes my hand.

_____________

Finally, the flight has come to an end and everyone is already piling out of the plane. I spent most of the flight talking to Sam and sharing some of our experiences with each other. I spilled how I come from a bad break up, but omitted the events that lead to it,  and she shared with me how her best friend has had a similar experience.

"He said that he tried to make amends with his ex but she didn't want him back. Whoever that girl is, she's an idiot." She explained to me and a flash of hatred glistened in her eyes as she referred to the ex. "I just hope he'll one day see me as more than a friend. I really like him, but he hasn't recovered from his heartbreak."

"I'm sure he'll come around," I assured her.

Now it's time to find myself a cab and leave this airport and make my way to my new apartment. As I retrieve my luggage from the conveyer belt, Sam attacks me with a bone–crushing hug.

"It was so fun talking to you and I hope to see you again," she squeezes me tighter until the sound of bones cracking is emitted. "Sorry," she releases me sheepishly.

"It's okay," I chuckle at her behavior. "And I hope to see you too."

"Oh, my best friend is here to pick me up," she gestures to the airport's exit. "He can give you a ride to your apartment."

"Oh no," I shake my head. "I don't want to impose."

"C'mon," she pulls me after her. "This is your chance of making new friends in California."

"Fine, since you're already dragging me," I roll my eyes as I pull my suitcase behind me.

We find reach the outside filled with cars lined up, either to drop off or pick up people. I take in my surroundings and inhale the fresh and warm air of California before grinning to myself with the excitement of freedom.

"There he is!" Sam exclaims and makes a beeline for a guy standing next to a red Mercedes C63.

Nice car!

The guy wears a pair of shades and a black shirt which molds into the shape of his well defined abdomen, and grey sweatpants, finished by a pair of Converse All Stars.

"Hailey!" Sam snaps me out of my thoughts of checking her best friend out. "He said he'll give you a ride."

Then in that moment the guy removes his shades to see me clearly. When the shades are fully removed, my body then stiffens, my breath hitches and my eyes stare at the too familiar pair of hazel eyes staring right back at me with the same colorless expression.

"Come meet—" I cut Sam through her sentence.

"Tristan."

_____________

A/N: I'm finally back! And Tristan's back with me😬😬😬

So like me sudden not updating phase was because I use my phone to write but it malfunctioned, so I had to wait to get a new one... So that's why I haven't updated since the year 1867💩

So y'alls can expect more updates from me from now on.

Bye🌈