It was all a mistake. She was never supposed to be queen. She was human. She was supposed to live her life whichever way she chose and then die of old age.She didn't have that opportunity anymore. She was cheated and robbed from having a normal human life. 

There was no way to stop it. Deva knew that. She gulped the rest of the bottle's contents before smashing it against a stonewall. It shattered. Deva ran the gagged glass across her palms. Ruby red blood poured out but she ignored the pain. 

Soon every vampire in sight caught onto her scent. She was a target for the kill and that was exactly what she wanted. 

One female vampire lunged towards her but was stopped by another. The vampire who stopped her attacker looked fairly familiar. Deva was a little disorientated to put the pieces together. 

Then another attacked but was too stopped. Just her luck, Deva thought. She couldn't even plan her own death. She wanted them to tear her apart.

A huge fight was breaking out in front of her and all she could concentrate on was her rescuers. They were two men with similar facial features but one was blond and the other was brunette. 

Then it hit her. They were the brothers from the trails who were looking for their sister. Deva had saved their lives. 

"If another takes one more step their heads will be hitting the floor in a matter of seconds." The blond one snared through his teeth.

Most of the vampires backed off but not without hissing.  

When most of them were gone the brunette rushed to her side. "Your highness, are you hurt?" 

"Not like I wished." 

The brunette frowned, confused. "You wished to get hurt?" 

Deva could see he genuinely cared for her well-being. "What are your names?" 

"I am Henry and this is my brother Jonathan." 

"You really shouldn't have risked your lives for me." She felt like a lost cause either way. 

His eyes grew innocent. "But you spared our lives in court. We are indebted to you princess." This time it was the blond that answered. 

"We own you our lives." Henry bowed. 

"You owe me nothing!" She shouted in frustration. 

"We did not mean to offend you. We only wish to serve you."

They had to be old fashioned, old school traditional. They were willing to risk their lives for her. 

"Serve me." She decided to put it to the test. "Then you shall do anything I ask?"

"Anything," they said in sync. 

"Kill me." They looked horror struck by her request. "Take my life." 

They both shook their heads. "We cannot. We wish to protect you, not kill you." 

"Wise answer, very wise answer." His obnoxious voice came from the shadows.

Deva cringed at the sight of Adamarius making his way towards them. 

"Killing the future queen would have ended both your lives." Adamarius turned his gaze to her. "It's time for you to go home." 

"I have no home." The castle was no home for her. 

"Fine, then I'll throw you back into your cage." His patience withered in his search for her. 

"Awww but then where would you sleep?" 

Adamarius had it in good mind to just duct tape her mouth. Instead he turned to the two fearless brothers.