1- "Pull over. Let me drive for awhile."

Racetrack Higgins was exhausted. Spot could see that far before the yawns and tired mumbling started.

First his eyes became glassy, unfocused, confused, and quickly his speech followed- resembling a teenager as he replied to Spot with grunts and nods. The Irish boy sighed and looked dead at Race, who was desperately trying to concentrate on the road ahead of him. If he didn't do something now, they'd both end up dead before they got back to Brooklyn.

"Racer," he got the younger boy's attention, a small hum in response to his name, "Pull over. Let me drive for awhile."

Within seconds Race pulled over to the side of the near-deserted road and got out of the driver's side, making his way to swap seats with his roommate. Spot let out another sigh as he sat in the driver's seat and started up the car.

3 am and he was still on the way back to an apartment he shared in Brooklyn with his roommate.

That word was a thorn in his heart, because of course Higgins would never feel the same way about him. They were just friends. They were only meant to be friends. Never anything more, no matter how much Spot desired it. He couldn't even think of a time when Race had hinted at being into guys, and so his chances with the Italian were rather slim looking.

Thankfully for Spot, the road signs indicating they were only a couple of miles from New York City finally appeared, and as they drove through the Bronx, he couldn't be happier to see the borough he so often hated and criticised.

As they pulled up to the apartment block he gazed over at, the now sleeping, Race. 'Great,' he muttered, not wanting to disturb the boy too much.

He opened the passenger side door and gently lifted Race from the seat, carrying him bridal style all the way up to his room in their apartment. Spot took his time to look at the moonlit room. Rarely was he in here- preferring his own bedroom or the living room where he would beat Race's ass at video games. He stared at the brunette Italian and brushed some stray strands of hair from his face, whispering a soft goodnight as he trekked back to his own room.

No matter how hard Spot tried he could never say three words that could change his life- for better or for worse. He'd been meaning to let Race know how he felt about him for almost a year, but still he couldn't seem to find it in his to say 'I love you' to the boy- regardless of wether he was asleep or awake. Spot shoved his head into his pillow and muttered to himself.

"Well Seán... you've really outdone yourself. Falling for your best friend." He scoffed. "Idiot."

Shortly after he crashed, the day's exhaustion finally catching up with him, and he fell into a dream filled, yet fitful, sleep. A Race filled sleep.