Age Fourteen

A/N: How do you guys feel about Valentine's confession? Are you rooting for him or Tucker? Or are you hoping neither of them will be the one? Two more chapters until you find out. ;-) This is kind of a filler chapter.. I forgot to mention Sawyer and Imogen's sister! Oops. 

Two years ago 

        Robinson was the last one to shift, but he's not in my pack so it didn't really affect me. I thought that shifting and being let into the complex world that is a pack would ensure that I never felt lonely again, but today I do. After Valentine told me he was in love with me, he somewhat drew back from me again, and as much as I love my friends from the other packs, there is a significantly less amount of time to spend with them once you acheive official werewolf status. 

        There are so many responsibilities that sometimes I feel like the pressure of it all may take me down with it, and that's not even considering the weight of being the alpha's daughter. Sawyer spends all of his free time training to take over as Alpha of our pack, since there are only four more years for him until the title is oficially his. Despite us growing closer since my first shift a couple years ago, there just isn't much time to spend together. Hadley and Maisie are sisters, so they're constantly together, and I've never liked Jaya or Quintus. This leaves me with Uriah and Laurel. 

        Uriah is a lot of fun to be around, despite his sex god body and urge to cause trouble and be apart of it, and Laurel is my younger sister. She's really nice, but she's so quiet and keeps to herself, and people often forget that I even have a younger sister. 

        I forget sometimes, too. 

        Uriah is in the compound for lighting a Chic-Fil-A on fire, and seeing as how he'll be in there for the next month, I'm left with no choice other than to spend time with Laurel. That's how most of this year has been spent, to be completely honest. 

        So, here I am sitting in the recliner in her bedroom while she lays on her bed and reads some book about chimpanzees called 'Hurt Go Happy'. She's a huge animal enthusiast, which is ironic considering our situation. 

        "Sucks about Uriah, huh?" I don't know what else to say to her. She doesn't know how to keep a conversation. 

        For some reason, her cheeks flush at the sound of his name, and she nods quickly. 

        "Why are you blushing, Lau?" I make my way towards her and crouch down so that she's eye level with me. 

        "I'm not!" She exclaims, setting her book down and meeting my stare, "I just.. Feel my forehead, do I feel warm?" 

        "I'm your big sister, Laurel, you are not allowed to lie to me." I give her my best stern look, but I know it's no use, "Just be careful, okay? In just a couple more years you're gonna know who your mate is, and I just don't want anybody's hearts hurting."