Thirty: Losing You

ONIKA

The image of blood dripping from her head was the only sight that played in her mind as she waited for a doctor to give her an update on beyonce. She said a silent prayer as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Rep: Excuse me ma'am

Onika raised her head up following the direction of the voice and wiped her eyes before going to the receptionist desk. She had to be strong for the sake of beyonce that was the only way she will make it through.

Onika: Yes

The lady gave her a smile and adjust the glasses on her face.

Rep: Are you the only person here for Ms. Knowles and what is your relation to her? This information is confidential and will be used for hospital records only.

She had contacted beyonce's parents hours ago. They were on a trip to Costa Rica, but should be on their way back after hearing the news about beyonce. Her mother could not stop crying when I called to inform them and it broke my heart.

Onika: At the moment, but her parents will be arriving really soon and I'm her girlfriend.

The receptionist screwed up her nose at my statement. I decided to ignore her because she was not important right now.

Rep: well okay the doctor will be out shortly have a seat

It has been three hours since they started to perform surgery on her head that was bleeding profoundly. I did not receive any updates within the three hours and I was becoming very upset. Beyonce was the only person who kept me sane and I do not know what I would do without her.

Onika: Okay that is fine, but can you just tell me if she is stable

Rep: No ma'am because I do not have that information now have a seat please

I glared at her angry and ready to call her every name in the book, but with the security guard on my left I decided not to create a scene. Just before she turned around and stood up to walk away from the desk. I grabbed her and she turn around with a shock expression on her face.

Rep: Can you please let go of me? what is your problem ma'am?

Onika: Just because you are miserable with your life bitch does not mean you should take it out on other people. How would you feel if your husband or boyfriend was laid up in a hospital bed after trying to commit suicide?

Rep: You tell me how does it feel?

She smirked at me as if something was funny about the situation.

Onika: Fuck you bitch I hope you choke on his penis and die one day.

Onika laughed at how her facial expression changed. She was upset because she realize she could not respond or act unprofessional at her job. Instead she turned on her heels and went down the hall. Onika decided to step outside to catch some air and smoke. She was so stressed out and wanted this to be a bad dream she could laugh with beyonce about tomorrow.

She still could not believe Bianca. It's crazy how your family could hurt you the most. I know beyonce still loves her sister regardless of everything she has done to hurt her. I believe that is what hurts beyonce more than ever because Bianca is her family. As sisters they are supposed to be there and care for each other. When everyone else turn their back on you family is all you have to lean on.

Meek: Hey wassup nika what you doing at the hospital you good?

She looked up to see meek in his red mustang. she dropped the cigar in her hand and walked over to him.

Meek: Damn girl you look like you got into a fight and let them win

He laughed and she rolled her eyes with a smile. She was happy someone was here to keep her company while she waited for the doctor. he motioned for her to get in and she sat in the passenger seat. She explained the series of events from start to finish. He held a shock expression on his face before leaning back in the seat and rubbing his chin.

Meek: Wow I'm sorry all of this happened sincerely. I know beyonce going to make it do not worry she good. But that bitch Bianca dead ass wrong and if I see her around I'm definitely letting off some shots. That is your own damn sister man and you hurt her over some penis.

Onika: Community penis...I do not believe she and beyonce is the only people he was screwing.

Meek: Foreal I heard the nigga have a baby with some chick. It could be Bianca infested ass. I want to help you get blue back too just hit me up when beyonce heals up. You know I do not give a damn about jail.

I chuckled at his comment. We chatted with each other until he received a call from his boys and had to leave. I got out of the car and waved as he drove off. After sitting down in the waiting area of the hospital for another ten minutes, the doctor finally calls beyonce's family. Onika rushed over to the doctor, who was dressed in blue scrubs with her hair tied into a ponytail.

Onika: Yes that is me

Doc: Hello ma'am are you related to Ms. Knowles?

Onika: Yes ma'am she is my girlfriend

She stared down at her clipboard for a second before looking back up.

Doc: Well it appears that she has lost a ton of blood due to hitting her head on the concrete. However we were able to stop the bleeding and stitch up the cut. After observing her when the operation was done we noticed that she does suffer from a temporary case of memory loss .

The woman's words became inaudible to onika. All she could think about was how beyonce will not remember who she is or anyone at all. She was on the verge of tears listening to the doctor because it hurt her deeply that someone as sweet and loving as Beyonce has to deal with this.

Tina: You stupid bitch!

Onika turned around to see Ms. Tina storming towards her with her husband on her tail.

Tina: EVER SINCE MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN HANGING WITH YOU SHE HAS BEEN IN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE. YOU NEED TO LEAVE AND STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER BITCH OR I WILL HANDLE YOU MYSELF

Onika stood in complete shock. How could she just assume that I was the one who hurt her daughter and caused her to commit suicide. I would never hurt beyonce she is the only person that I have here because my family lives in Trinidad.

Onika: I do not mean to disrespect you, but how in the hell can you assume this happen all because of me? You dont even know the full story and all that I had to help her overcome but you are making assumptions. I love your daughter too much to ever put her in any type of dangerous situation.

She glared at me and shouts in my face for a second time while her husband grabs a hold of her arm putting some space in between us.

Tina: Yea right if your not the reason my daughter is laying in a hospital bed who else is it? You are the only person she has been around.

Onika: IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW ITS YOUR FUCKING DAUGHTER.

The security guard pulled me away from her and instructed me to leave. I glared at her mother with anger because she just took the one person that I love and care about deeply away from me without any consent. Onika decided to leave the hospital and ran to her car allowing the tears to fall freely. The worst part about it is beyonce will not even remember her or what they shared.

I love you beyonce

........

Hey everyone

Yes we have another update after years.  I had to leave you for a while but your favorite author is back! So let me explain the previous chapter was deleted because my supporters are awesome and deserved better than that period. This is the rewritten version so I hope you enjoy.

 Comment 

Share

Vote

 Because shit just got real. Do you think they are really over?