Chapter 22

Love Someone- Lukas Graham

Just wanted to let you guys know that I absolutely love reading your comments!! It's so much fun to see your thoughts on my story :)

𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖚𝖘𝖙

I finally had Heaven back in my arms.

I held her close to my side, leaning down to kiss her head every so often as we continued to make our way back to the house.

I was shocked that she seemed so willing to come back, especially after all the effort of getting away from me.

It felt like a punch to the gut when I went looking for her after our argument, only to find an open window and the lingering scent of lavender and rain.

If it wasn't for Antonio stepping in, I likely would have shifted and destroyed everything in my path to find her.

We made our way into the house, Antonio going his separate way, mouthing 'good luck' to me as he left.

I had figured since Heaven left the party with me so willingly, that she had gotten over the fight and would easily forgive me.

Boy, was I wrong.

As soon as we stepped foot in the house, she drew away from me almost instantly, as if we were strangers.

I reached out to grasp her hand, but she simply held it to her chest, out of my reach.

"You're not getting off the hook that easy," She spat, throwing a glare my way, "I may have come back with you, but that doesn't mean I completely forgive you."

"But-"

She cut off my sentence, responding, "You really hurt me, August. I thought that we trusted each other."

"Heaven, please," I begged, reaching for her hand.

She was still mad at me. I should've expected it, but it still hurt as I watched her pull her hand away from me as if she was burned by my touch.

Her soft eyes looked on sadly, and for a moment I thought that I could see longing flicker across the expanse of midnight, but it was gone in another second.

"I'm not going to sit here and act like it's okay that you don't trust me; that you keep secrets from me."

Her voice had begun to waver, losing some of its strength. She was exhausted; tired of being strong.

With one final look in my direction, her drooping eyes flickering sadly to my face, she turned and began to ascend the stairs.

"Come find me if you ever decide I'm worthy of your trust."

And with that sentence, my heart shattered.

✧ ✧ ✧

Heaven

I was so sick of it.

The odd pull towards him, and the aching feeling in my chest when I wasn't with him.

It sprung up suddenly, coming in full force as I made my way towards my room after the standoff with August.

I had felt the strange sensation while I was at the party, and some other times before now, but the dull ache that was occurring before was nothing compared to the feeling that currently emanated from my chest.

The mate bond, I thought to myself, coming to the conclusion of the identity of the horribly strong pull to be at my mate's side.

While my heart begged for me to run back towards August, fling myself into his arms, and forgive him completely for what he's done, I stood my ground.

I kept my head held high as I walked into my room, closing my door silently behind me.

I've tried to always pride myself on being strong.

I gotten through difficult times before; the accident, my mother's neglect, petty high school drama.

This argument was just another obstacle, and I refused to break down and cry about it.

With my new resolve, I decided to get some writing done to distract myself from the invisible strings yanking me back to August.

Changing into a comfortable pair of pajamas, I settled into the small desk, pulling my notebook open.

I placed the pen to the paper, but I couldn't make it move.

I couldn't think of anything to write about.

At least, nothing besides August.

Thoughts of him swirled through my mind, everything from his beautifully piercing amber eyes, to the way a faint dimple pops up on his cheek when he laughs.

I couldn't help it.

So I did the only thing I could do.

I wrote about him.

About all of him.

His face.

His laugh.

His voice.

His smile.

How he annoyed me, our fights, his secrets, his lies.

And maybe even, how much I loved him.

I sat down my pen, my hand aching from the excessive amount of writing.

My vision blurred as I looked up from the page, and I reached my hand up to my face, only to discover a lone tear sliding slowly down my cheek.

My resolve was bending, but I had convinced myself to wait it out, no matter how torturous.

I couldn't let him walk all over my trust, no matter the consequences.

I wiped the tear angrily from my cheek with the sleeve of my sweatshirt, fighting back the urge to let more fall.

Just as I was about to crawl into the bed, a small knock came from my door.

My head snapped to the door.

There was only one person that it could've been.

"Come in," I called out unsurely, glancing nervously at the closed door.

The door swung open cautiously, and August stepped in, wringing his hands in front of him while his eyes faced the ground.

"I'll tell you anything you want to know," August spoke, breaking the silence.

His voice was soft and cracking, sounding as if he had been crying.

"I just need you beside me," He whispered, looking up at my face.

His eyes were puffy, and a small pout was placed on his face.

His puppy dog eyes bore into me, shattering my walls completely.

And finally, the horrible ache was replaced with a new feeling.