Chapter 44

The days quickly turned to weeks which followed by bliss filled months. I never knew how much of a treasure it was to live without fear of your demons sneaking up ready to eat you. Not like I've ever really lived my life without fear. The few short years in my childhood I was blessed without terror has been overshadowed by the pain and terror I endured. I wish I was able to say that these last three months have been filled with complete bliss and happiness. I'd be lying, the ugly truth is, sleep is hard to find.

I have days where getting out of bed is a nightmare, where eating makes me want to hurl. Not all of that is induced by night terrors though. I smile as I stare at my belly, stroking the slight bump. There's no explanation to how or why we've been blessed with this child, I know I won't argue. Our child is a blessing and a miracle in so many wonderful ways. Two things keep me going, keep me from wanting to stumble and not get back up. Axel and our baby. I'll never get tired of hearing that... Our baby.

It took me a while before I figured out the second person waiting for me to wake up, I guess it's a good thing that I have to wait on them just as much. I was stunned into shock when Axel told me, and broke the news. I think I might've scared him into thinking that I didn't want our baby. Like that would ever happen, this baby is a blessing. He sat there staring at me, waiting for me to talk. I honestly couldn't, it felt like I lost my voice, like I was mute. I've never seen him sweat so much.

The thought makes me want to giggle, shaking my head I roll my eyes at my immaturity. That was the second best day of my life so far, the first being waking up to his handsome voice. Hearing that it was over, that we'd get past it and move on. I still have trouble believing it's over. And I'm alive. That astounds me, I never dreamed of me being able to see the end of it, to be able to find my happiness... to have a family.

The door opens making me lift my eyes to meet Axles, smiling softly as he whistles, entering the room with a mischievous grin. "Look at my beautiful Fiance." Another wonderful thing to have come... I'm engaged. The simple ring probably isn't the most exciting to most, but that doesn't matter to me. The white silver infinity band with two diamonds in the center of the infinity symbol means the world to me.

"I don't see you looking in a mirror." He chuckled, rolling his eyes as he shook his head.

"I'm handsome, you have to get it correct Baby G." Axel teases with a wink as he moves closer, settling on the bed, stroking over my belly. Hulk shifts closer with a watchful eye towards Axel as he moves to caress my belly. I want to smile at that, Hulk has become increasingly protective of me and our baby. I love that he never goes very far, heck not even when he goes outside to go to the bathroom. The further along in this pregnancy I am, the more protective I know he's going to be. It'll be interesting for sure.

I roll my eyes at him with a smile. "Oh forgive me." He chuckles and kisses me gently, his thumb moving in soothing strokes.

"I'll always forgive you." He hummed deeply against my lips making me laugh softly.

"What's on the agenda for the day Axel?" He chuckles and shakes his head at me.

"Well I have an idea I've been itching to break out for you, I think it's a special surprise that you've been waiting on for sometime." He muses with a smile a glint dancing in his eyes making me arch a brow at him.

"Do I get to know what said idea is?" He chuckles and shrugs at me, leaning back on his hand with a knowing grin.

"Well I know it's something you've looked into before." I feel my brows pinch together in confusion as I stare at him.

"I've looked into it before?" I asked skeptically, his grin only widens as he gives a nod.

"You have, now come on, we're going out to lunch and then you're getting a surprise." Axel stands and grabs my hand pulling me up with a smile, Hulk lifts his head watching him carefully as he helps me up.