Chapter 15- Yoooo Toniiiii

Long time no see...

Wrote an unusually long chapter for you guys hope y'all enjoy :p

I swear one day I'll stick to a schedule aha.

Toni squinted slightly, blinking hard and raising her hand to the beam of light trailing it's way into the hut.

She felt a light weight on her shoulder and finally when her eyes adjusted to the light she looked down to see a peaceful redhead asleep on her.

After admiring her for a second Toni realised something... sunshine. Had they slept through the rain? Wow.
"Hey" she croaked out, moving slightly to wake up Cheryl. As adorable as she was she had to ruin this moment and wake the beast.
Cheryl just moaned slightly
"Hey. Cheryl" Toni tried again rather half-heartedly since she was so content.
"Piss off" she mumbled wrapping her arms around Toni cuddling into her.

Ok so Cheryl ... not a morning person.
Toni half chuckled and half scoffed.
Her back was bent rather awkwardly up against the cold wooden wall but she had never felt more comfortable with Cheryl mindlessly snuggling into her.

You would think this would feel weird considering they're barely friends let alone ...whatever this is but Toni didnt think much of it, it was easier that way.

Toni instinctively rose her hand, squeezed Cheryl lightly with one arm and rose her other hand to stroke the girls hair, humming as she did.

She reached for her phone after a couple of minutes. Only to find 4 missed calls from jughead. 7 from sweatpea and 3 from fangs. Plus about 40 text messages.

"What ... the actual fuck" she whispered under her breath, causing Cheryl to stir slightly.
Then she noticed the time
10 ... But not 10pm like she had originally thought when she saw it but...
10AM!!!
"CHERYL" she yelled and the girl finally opened her eyes took one look at what she was doing and jolted away from Toni looking down in shame. Toni got up quickly.

"I'm err-" she was still rather sleepy and just said "err sorry" kind of nervously which was odd.
Cheryl was too groggy to put up her natural defence and instead just tried to utter out a coherent response.
Toni didn't have the ability to linger on the fact that Cheryl apologised... like by her own will nervously and timidly apologised. This was so unnatural, so unlike her but so was this whole situation. If they suddenly started to question any of it now it would only pathe the way for an increasingly painful headache that manifested from trying to figure any of it out.

"No no! Its not that" Toni motioned with her eyes to the spot she just was smiling a little "It's just-" even a hint of shyness escaped her own aura.
She wasn't even sure what to say next so the interruption that came next was both a blessing and a curse.

"TONIIIIIIII" a loud but distant voice was heard and both girls propped up at the noise.

"What the fuck" Cheryl looked up confused and got up.
"Cheryl don't freak out" She said looking back at the door hearing a second voice.
"Yooooo Toniiiiii!"a distant yet deep cry was heard again.

"Toni?" Cheryl parroted "what's going on" she looked around in confusion.
"We fell alseep" she blankly stated. Her eyes were scanning the room although she wasn't sure what for exactly.

"Wow figure that out all by yourself" she yawned. Wow even half asleep and post panic attack she can be a snarky bitch Toni thought.

"No I mean we fell asleep. Like through the night?" Toni held her head frustrated.
When Cheryl's eyes widened she continued "it's 10am Cheryl get up!"
"Shit!" Cheryl said.
"And apparently they're looking for me it must be the serpents" the distant cries continued. "I didnt even know that until now" she freaked out slightly.

"Shit!" Cheryl repeated.
"We have to get out of here!" Toni looked toward the door.
"SHIT!" She got up smacking her clothes to wipe off the layer of dust sitting on the surface of her clothing.

"I slept in a hut?!" The girl was in a rather large amount of discomfort with visible disgust spread across her facial features.
"Cheryl?!" Toni looked at her baffled.

This girl had disappeared all night with a random serpent girl, she had a breakdown after kissing said serpent girl and then fell asleep cuddling her as if they were together. And yet her main concern was sa little bit of dirt? Unbelievable.

"That's what you're worried about? What if they find us here" she looked at her "here together" she motioned between them both "after being awol for an entire night!" She said trying to drill into the sleepy girls head how much of a problem this actually was.

"SHIT!" She yelled again.
"Finally" Toni rose her hands in frustration, finally this girl understood. Yet they were no closer in figuring out what to do.
"WHAT do we do?" She asked as if this wasn't what Toni had been asking for 2 minutes straight.

"TONIIIII WHERE ARE YOUUUUU" the voice was much closer this time causing them to jump.

"I dont know"
"Where do we go"
"I don't know"
"How did they find us"
"Oh... my god." Toni blinked hard
"I" she nodded "dont" she nodded again "knowwwww" she blinked again. "What don't you understand about that?" The girl snapped.
"Helpful" Cheryl fake smiled putting her thumbs up sarcastically.

"Damn no need to get snippy with me just because we're trapped in here and you don't want to be seen with me" Toni pointed out.

"I never said that you're that one freaking out" Cheryl pointed out, returning to her bad attitude persona.

"So shall we go out there then-" Toni barely finsihed her sentence before she was met with a harsh and profound "No."
"Exactly so..."
"So I still don't know"
Toni stopped for a moment
"Listen Cheryl about yesterday..."
"TONI!"
"Shit! We'll talk about it another time they're right outside!"

..............

In the woods
"TONIIIIIIIII"
"Shit sweatpea that was right in my ear" Fangs moaned waving by his ear as if to swat the invisible noise away.

"Listen you wanna find her or not?" Sweatpea rose his hands in frustration.
The boys hadn't thought much of Toni's disappearance at first.
It wasn't uncommon for any of them to have a wild night out, occasionally ending up calling the next to get a lift from whatever hole in the ground they woke up in surrounded by drunk strangers.
It only became a problem when Toni didn't call, didnt text and didnt show up to the 7am emergency meeting at the White Wyrm.

"Oh man guys I dont like this what if she's hurt? what if the ghoulies got her?! Or worse... What if shes-"

"Fangs!" Sweatpea squinted his eyes while shaking his head at the boy.
"What?" He shrugged.
"Dont say that" he shoved Fangs continuing to shake his head. He was already at max level of worried and Fangs voicing his own worry was starting to push him over the edge.
The boy was jittery and clearly uncomfortable with not knowing whether his best friend was safe or not and everything about him screamed concern. His eyes, his movements, his slight crack to his voice whenever he spoke. He just was not okay.

"We'll I didn't you interupted me" it was almost paired with him sticking his tongue out like a little kid but he refrained so as not to seem immature.
Not that he hadn't displayed these kind of action in a less serious circumstance.

"Whatever" Sweatpea walked ahead of him.
"Whatever" Fangs mimicked while trailing behind.
Jughead just looked up frustrated

"Okay guys we spotted her motorcycle at the roadside she's gotta be here somewhere keep an eye out" he started walking again and the boys just started to yell again.

"Yooooo Toniiiiiiii"