Side Story: Elderly Tales

Planning your child's wedding has always been a parent's greatest (or worst) pleasure. You never thought in a million years that you would be that proud parent, marrying off their own daughter. It hadn't been a dream of yours or even crossed your mind until you had children.

You didn't think your husband would be fond of the idea though... 

Even though he refuted the idea of children at first, he has always been protective of his children ever since you gave birth to them. To see his daughter marrying Tsuna's son made him bursting with anger. He wasn't overly fond of Tsuna; he respected him, but that respect didn't extend to his son.

Watching Kyoya glare at Tsuna's son, you tried to mitigate the tension by changing the subject. "So how is this going to work? Is the wedding our responsibility since we're the bride's parents?"

Tsuna glanced between Kyoya, you, and your daughter. Not a single one of you seemed prepared for the challenge. Kyoya was never going to be a party planner, your daughter was the replica of that carnivore, and you were a little crazy to be productive. The three of you would get absolutely nothing done.

"Eh, just leave it to us," Tsuna laughed awkwardly. "Since she's marrying the Vongola successor, we should compensate for that fact that we are a troublesome family."

"That's an understatement," Kyoya scoffed.

You elbowed your husband lightly. "Understood, Tsuna. If you ever need help, please utilize us."

"A-Ah, of course."

"I guess the meeting is finished," Kyoya abruptly stood from his chair.

Your arm shot out, grabbing his hand and pulling him back down. "Dear, we still haven't finished lunch." Using the term of endearment would have disgusted Kyoya, but the frightening expression that accompanied it made him a tad bit startled. He returned to his seat reluctantly, crossing his arms in the process.

Tsuna smiled wryly. "You don't have to stay if you don't want to. My wife isn't even here to help—"

"I know what you're doing," you deadpanned. "I'm more than stable to be out and about. My health is at its peak."

Tsuna warily glanced at Kyoya, who wore a dissatisfied look. Your husband didn't believe you one bit, but he was prepared to take you home if you showed signs of extreme fatigue. Your daughter mirrored the same expression, though she seemed more annoyed than cautious. She was insistent that you didn't attend, but you were stubborn about your condition.

"I'm sorry. Old habits," the Vongola Decimo mumbled.

"Clearly," you smiled patronizingly.

>>>>>>

"Are you upset that you lost your daughter, Hibari?" Yamamoto laughed as he pat the carnivore's back.