Chapter 43

You took a spoonful of cereal and entered it into your mouth. Chewing on it meticulously, you continued to read the confidential papers regarding your assignment. There were several kinks that Tsuna wanted you to be aware of, mainly about the information you were delivering to the other mafia family and the enemies you would face.

After a thorough reading, you finally understood why your friends were apprehensive about your assignment to the mission. It seemed that many power hungry mafia groups wanted the documents that would be in your possession that day. You read up on all the potential mafia groups that were interested, however, the group you were looking for was not on the list.

The Ancelets. Apparently, they had been abolished by the very man you used to date. Though as grateful as you would ever be, there were still other issues that needed to be resolved with the Cloud Guardian. You just didn't know how to, or you were too stubborn to even try. Or maybe he was the one too stubborn to even try. Whatever it may be, it was hardly in the stages of being repaired.

Plus you had Dino, who was treating you so well that you were considering whether your past relationship with Kyoya was ever pleasant. You groaned loudly, slamming your head (not so hard) against the kitchen countertop. "Life is such a pain."

"Um?"

You rolled your head in the direction of the feminine voice with your cheek still glued to the countertop, "Oh, Chrome!"

She smiled shyly at you as she traveled closer. "Boss said that he needed you."

"Tsuna? But I already read these papers a million times!" you exclaimed as you sluggishly slinked out of the bar stool. Chrome's hesitant glance made you frown. You didn't want Chrome to return empty handed. It would look bad on her, and she was desperately trying to establish herself as a powerful guardian. "Alright then. Lead me to the boss!"

She quietly sighed with relief, turning on her heel to escort you towards Tsuna's office. As you arrived, you noticed that several of the guardians were called, yet not all. "Ciaossu, [Name]."

You furrowed your eyebrows, confusion written all over your face at the appearance of the small baby. You weren't going to be rude though and acknowledged his greeting with a nod. "Tsuna, what's going on?"

"Do you remember Basil?"

You took a minute to recollect your memories, "Umm, I think so."

"We just discovered that he will be available during the meeting period, so we believe he is best suited for the mission," Tsuna explained with a concerned expression.

"So you're telling me that after I have studied and trained this much for the mission, I'm going to be pulled from it?" Every word came out as a threat, anger dancing in your [e/c] optics. You clenched your hands, gritting your teeth at how everyone remained silent. "Tsuna, I can handle myself."

"You can't, woman!" Gokudera growled, his cigarette almost falling out of his mouth.

"As long as no one screws up, the enemies won't know the time or location! They don't even know who in the Vongola family is delivering these papers. It's so obvious that the Vongola would use their most trusted fighters to deliver them, so if they see them all in action, then they won't have a clue as to when I am--"